Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle to Work in Dublin?

Options
  • 17-04-2009 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Doing research on cycling in Dublin:

If you don't cycle to work - what would encourage you to try it? What is the biggest reason why you don't cycle?

If you DO cycle often, what do you think can be improved? Why do you cycle? Best/Worst things about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

I gave up driving and started cycling to work over a year ago, and the best thing about it is getting fit / losing weight. It has also saved a lot of money - as no tax, petrol. Plus you don't have all the stress or worry about being ripped off by garages / nct. Its less stressful than driving. You can also pause and see more things when you are on a bike.
    The only bad thing is getting wet if it rains - somebody should invent a umbrella for bikes LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It doesn't rain as often as you think!

I tell people in work I cycle and I get the same reply about the rain.
    Seriously, Ireland isn't as wet as you think.
    And tbh I'd prefer to cycle in the rain then in heat of 20 degrees plus, maybe that's just me.

But was in an accident once and that knocked my confidence back so stopped for a few months. :o
    If this happens to you I'd say try cycling again as the longer you leave it the harder it gets

Back now and loving it

Advertisement