Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary and secondary heating

Options
  • 17-04-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Back in the seventies we had cheap oil and crap insulation, and many houses only had oil for heating. Along comes the oil crises, and rocketing fuel prices along with poor availability, so most new housing from then had a secondary heating system - typically just an open fire. But at least the home had a second heat source.

Now I'm building my own, and while I am insulating heavily, I'm still planning a primary heating system (air to water HP) with a secondary (Stove with back boiler)

What are others planning?

How many heating systems in your build? 6 votes

None - actung passive haus
    0% 0 votes
    One
    16% 1 vote
    Two
    16% 1 vote
    Atari Jaguar
    66% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Juantorena

Similar to yourself, ASHP (ground floor UFH, prep for alu rads upstairs) and 5kW nom output free standing stove - no backboiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 liam300tm

solar for the water, traditional oil burner for the main and 2 free standing stoves for back up...

Advertisement