Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not a Bargain Alert - Pricing £££ or €€€ ???

• 17-04-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Not a Bargain, just wondering what people prefer when posting sterling bargains.

I normally post the price in euro including shipping, which is the best imo, using Visas daily Exchange Rates which gives a more accurate price than xe.com etc.

But do people prefer the posting in sterling?? Or do people give a F*ck??? :pac:

Post bargains in £££££ or €€€€€ 40 votes

€€€€€€€€€€€€€
    0% 0 votes
    £££££££££££££
    67% 27 votes
    Couldnt give a toss
    32% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

List both. Rates change each day so older posts are out of date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

I dont really mind, just keep them comeing Davy. Thanks again for all your help in sorting my philips system out for me. clickhere.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

atari jaguar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

yore's

i would much prefer for someone to post the post and let us do the maths, rather than them not bothering to goto the extra bit of work and not posting atall.

good work guys ! keep it up !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭loopymum

I prefer if it is posted in sterling or by all means both:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I prefer sterling too. At least if it's in sterling it will be accurate for as long as the thread is there. Also at this stage we are all pretty adept at immediately estimating the euro conversion price ourselves so it's not really an inconvenience to anyone if it isn't calculated for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

rubadub wrote: »
    List both. Rates change each day so older posts are out of date.

Same here, as basquille had mentioned when postin about The Office 1-3 for about E20.99, he had also mentioned to pay in sterling, a little thing that means an awful lot & not really mentioned much as you dont want to get ripped off with the conversions.

So list both, pity there wasnt a choice to vote for both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Definitely sterling

Advertisement