Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo and speakers merc 190e

Options
  • 16-04-2009 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have cooked yet another car radio, it seems the speakers go a bit crackly and then the stereo gives out, I got a new radio when this happened and was left with only one working speaker, the same thing happened today, a bit of crackle when I turned up the radio and then the sound of silence. The problem is its a 15 year old car and I don't want to spend much on it but the lack of a stereo is hard to live with. Is it possible to get new speakers put into the dash or we looking at a lot of labour to get that sorted. Failing that I could always opt for maybe trying to get them fitted on the parcel tray. Could anyone recommend a suitable person on the southside for the job, the budget would be low as things are predictably tight at the moment and the cost of an installation could quickly outweigh the price of the car, having said that I won't be selling this bus anytime soon as its recession proof motoring- thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,397 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd imagine it's very straight forwardm find out what size you need, then swap, Halfords offer a fitting service AFAIK. and their selection of speakers is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭maidhc

My 190 has speakers in the parcel tray and two more in the dash.

They are a standard size and fitment, but you need to pop the grille off the ones in the dash before you can replace them. I have only looked at doing it, and not attempted it as mine isn't on the road at the moment, but it looks very straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

I've done it and its a 5 minute job, very easy to do, just remove the grills (might be a small screw holding them in), the existing speakers might be stuck in with glue - they'll just pull put, really! New speakers from about €15 if you buy them here: http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/

You can add rear ones also, but that involves removing the back seats and rear parcel shelf.

More info available here:
    Mercedes 190 ICE Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭melbourne

Thanks lads, thats a great help, I'll check out the links and see what I can sort out.

Advertisement