Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords battery help!

Options
  • 16-04-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭

I need some help with a paticular battery, basically i need to see if its the same as the one i had that went crap.

Its a Halfords HCB063 item number 950303

This is a calcium battery which would have been sold by halfords from late 2007 to mid march 2008, ID by the silver "halfords advanced" stickers and the handle isnt countersunk into the casing.

If anybody has one of these in a mini or micra or whatever can you please show me picture doing a bit of csi here
    cheers dudes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Sounds like a standard 063 battery. Would be found in most small cars, Mini, Micra, Yaris etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Halfords batteries are insanely over priced, if you need a replacement go to a Factors and save.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Thanks for the compulsory spam that anything halfords gets, but it still just says what i know, in fact i think I already said its for a mini or a micra or some other small car:rolleyes:

I need a constructive answer.

kona wrote: »
    Thanks for the compulsory spam that anything halfords gets, but it still just says what i know, in fact i think I already said its for a mini or a micra or some other small car:rolleyes:

I need a constructive answer.

Ok give us a constructive question. :rolleyes:

There are 2 or 3 major manufactures of car batteries, Manbatt and Yuassa. Since the battery is Calcium it is not made by Yuasa. Sincve Manbatt are a major player in the UK I would presume that they manufactured this battery. This would have a 3 - 4 year warranty, the date of sale is usually engraved into the battery to help determine the warranty period, but manufactures would have a batch code that would help them. You can also get Silver Calcium batteries, which Ford require to keep warranties valid. But Silver Calcium is duew to the Manufacutre not having an upto date manufacture programme that would allow them make a battery without the Silver Calcium. Don't have the tech spec to hand to cover this, but should you need it I can dig it up.

Need anything else?

Ok give us a constructive question. :rolleyes:

There are 2 or 3 major manufactures of car batteries, Manbatt and Yuassa. Since the battery is Calcium it is not made by Yuasa. Sincve Manbatt are a major player in the UK I would presume that they manufactured this battery. This would have a 3 - 4 year warranty, the date of sale is usually engraved into the battery to help determine the warranty period, but manufactures would have a batch code that would help them. You can also get Silver Calcium batteries, which Ford require to keep warranties valid. But Silver Calcium is duew to the Manufacutre not having an upto date manufacture programme that would allow them make a battery without the Silver Calcium. Don't have the tech spec to hand to cover this, but should you need it I can dig it up.

Need anything else?

Thank YOU!!!!

Now ive done my own research and it says that YUASA supply all of halfords batterys incl calcium.

Now considering this is a calcium battery bought in 2007 its wuite possible that YUASA didnt make them at this stage and halfords had to find a alternate source.

The casing on the battery is similar to a delphi 063.

The only date i have is a sticker and its 12.07 which i presume is the date of charge or manufature.

if i give you a serial number could you get it close??

• Advertisement

063 is the part number of the battery, all manufactures use these. I also stand corrected on the Calcium end, Yuasa do infact manafacture Calcium batteries, but not Silver Calicum.

What is the issue with the battery?

063 is the part number of the battery, all manufactures use these. I also stand corrected on the Calcium end, Yuasa do infact manafacture Calcium batteries, but not Silver Calicum.

What is the issue with the battery?

do you know when yuasa started manufacture of these even a rough idea would be fine.

well lets just say its a classic halfords bull**** problem, which shouldnt be mentioned on a public site until its resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh recently paid €115 for a battery for my sisters Punto! :eek::eek::eek:

They would ahve made these in 2007. BUT weather Yuasa did suppyl Halfords in 2007 is a different story...Can't help there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

fletch wrote: »
    Yeh recently paid €115 for a battery for my sisters Punto! :eek::eek::eek:

lol, were a fiat dealer and we retail them for 60quid all in, sometimes give a bit of discount off it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Lenny wrote: »
    lol, were a fiat dealer and we retail them for 60quid all in, sometimes give a bit of discount off it too
    yeh....was a sunday and needed the use of the car....was disgusted at the price.

They would ahve made these in 2007. BUT weather Yuasa did suppyl Halfords in 2007 is a different story...Can't help there.

The battery I have was not made by yuasa, I emailed them and they said they didnt supply halfords at that time.
    So is there any other manufacturers that would supply calcium batterys at the scale halfords would require??

fletch wrote: »
    yeh....was a sunday and needed the use of the car....was disgusted at the price.

Thes in lie the problem. You paid extra to a company that has extra over heads, opening all day Saturday and Sunday. This would be one reason as to why the over charge.

kona wrote: »
    The battery I have was not made by yuasa, I emailed them and they said they didnt supply halfords at that time.
    So is there any other manufacturers that would supply calcium batterys at the scale halfords would require??

Try Manbatt, www.manbat.co.uk

There probably are others, i.e. cheap chinese type companies, that may have supplied Halfords. I wouldn't have info on these.

Advertisement