If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays offers from the Philips Shop...POWER PACKS & HEADPHONES

Options
  • 16-04-2009 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I've a couple of little goodies up for grabs at silly low, low prices for Boardies

First up is Rechargeable Power Pack, The SCE4430.
    This is a great gadget for all those people who are sick of taking power supplies for all their electronics when going on Holiday - Phones, MP3 players or pretty much anything else that can charge by USB - GPS units for instance..

It comes with adaptors for Nokia, Sony-Ericsson, Motorola & Samsung phones plus a mini usb head as well - ipod users can use the USB cable that came with the iPod

You can use this one of two ways.
    1) Just plug this into the mains and plug your phone etc into it using the supplied adaptor and chagre up as normal - great if you have different makes of phone in your family as you dont need to lug about multiple power supplies...

2) Charge the power pack up itself and use it as a battery back up when your out in the wilds and away from a power point or just away for a long weekend and couldnt be bothered about lugging all the extra gumpf portable electronics need to stay alive for more that a few days.
    The unit can provide upto 30 hours of portable battery back up - enough to see you home!

Have a look at the link below for more info
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sce4430_05/sce4430_05_pss_eng.pdf

This is yours for €19.99 (we sell it's little brother instore with only 15hrs back up life, for €49.99 - so twice the live for half the price is another Boardies bargin:D)
    If you need it posted out it will be another €9.99 on top.
    I hope to have these tomorrow.

NEXT UP

Headphones available in Silver or Black!

mmm, what can I say about these.... they're compact inear headphones that we normally sell at €9.99 and sound very good for the price.

But we will let you folks have 'em for €2.99!
    At that price you can buy plenty as spares for when you loose, break, give away or have eaten by the dog!

Have a look at the link below for info.

www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=SHE2630/00&slg=ENG&searchtxt=she2630

The Headphones are only available to Boardies who call in-store I'm afraid - I REALLY don't fancy wrapping hundreds of these things up and posting them......

You dont need to reserve the headphones via Boards just call into the shop.

PLEASE mention you are from Boards however as we are selling them at €4.99 (1/2 price) in the shop - Only Boardies can have them for €2.99.

If you fancy the Power Pack post up on this thread and I'll reserve one for you.

Cheers folks

Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 bluerhino76

Looks like the links are the wrong way around Ash! Does the set of adapters include one for the Nintendo DS or Sony PSP?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

put me down for the scw4430 power pack, will come in handy for my iphone and can collect from store,

thanks

if possible could i take a second one, wife has just seen this and wants one for the kids ds's

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Ash can you stick me down for one of the power packs. Will collect

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Ash Can you hold one for me? I will call in Sunday.
    Thanks.
    :cool:Still lovin my SLA5520, Cant turn it off!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Richie Philips

Hi Ash, I'll take two of the power packs if that's OK. I'll call in on Saturday to collect. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Hi ash can you please put one aside for me i will collect in the philips store. Thanks clickhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi folks

Cheers Bluerhino76 - I stuffed up there, but now corrected!
    It would seem, as far as I can see from the Nintendo website, that the DS cant be charged via a USB connection (If someone knows better - let us know...)

According to the Sony PSP online manual there is a setting to enable USB charge - found this on Sony's web site
    http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psp/current/settings/usbcharge.html

It would seem that you just need to use a standard USB to Mini USB cable - supplied with the Philips Power Pack.
    has anyone charged their PSP via USB?

Will reserve stock for the following Boardies -
    Jmadoyle
    Davidsatelle100
    Brian Ireland - Glad your SLA5520 is doing the business for you.
    Richie Philips (x2)
    Clickhere

I'll start another reserved list in my office (more Boardies stock room really:)!) My desk is surrounded by SLA's, LivingColours and soon Power Packs - I can build a wall of goods and hide up there now from the world now..

Folks dont forget to buy an armfull of the super cheap headphones when you call in:)

Good Night
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

hi ash, some sites say the ds can be charged from usb and others dont,

at the price i dont mind taking the gamble, put me down for 2,

thanks

joe

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Hey ash, ill take one of the Rechargeable Power Pack, also sent u a pm about the other things, can u add one of the power packs to that list for me :) cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Great offer ash, put me down for one power pack. ill need p+p as well.

• Advertisement

Reserve one for me too please Ash, I'll call in this afternoon to pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭philten

Hi, Put me down for one of the power packs. I will call in over the weekend to pick it up.

thanks,
    phil

Hi folks.

looks like I'll see the powerpacks and Headphones next week now.
    Only kettles and Toasters arrived in today.

So far the reserve list looks like this:

Jmadoyle (x2)
    Davidsatelle100
    Brian Ireland
    Richie Philips (x2)
    Clickhere
    Luckycharms
    Moonboy52 (to be mailed out)
    Bluerhino76
    Philiten
    ADSLUSER
    -Cerberus-

thanks guys

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Ash, please put me down for one of the powerpacks too. Thx! I will collect at the Philips shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 -Cerberus-

Can you put me down for a power pack please, collect in Philips shop

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I'll bite on one of those power packs too. Will collect.

cheers,
    alastair

Hi Folks

Here's the latest reserve list.
    Please remember these ARE NOT in store just yet but I expect them next week at some stage.

Will let you know when they are ready for collection.

Jmadoyle (x2)
    Davidsatelle100
    Brian Ireland
    Richie Philips (x2)
    Clickhere
    Luckycharms
    Moonboy52 (to be mailed out)
    Bluerhino76
    Philiten
    ADSLUSER
    -Cerberus-
    Alistair
    Tadgh (to be posted out)
    Saphire

have a good weekend

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Put me down for one power pack (posted)
    Can you include a set of earphones in the package?
    What payment methods do you accept (Paypal ?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭saphire

I'll take a power pack as well please.
    Will collect in the store

Hi Tadgh and Saphire

Your both on my list.
    Tadgh we dont accept paypal but I'll contact you on monday regarding payment methods if you pm me your phone number

have a good weekend

Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Pedro76

Can you put me down for a power pack too please Ash, I might pop into the shop this evening and pick up some earphones as spares too as I'm @ Doves in the Olympia tonight.

Hi All

The Power Packs have landed.
    All those on my list have them reserved so call on in and grab 'em

As I have a good few of these from today. you dont need to reserve them unless you need me to post 'em out.

I can allow a max of 4 per person!

The important bit! YOU MUST MENTION YOU ARE FROM BOARDS WHEN YOU CALL IN TO COLLECT AS WE ARE OFFERING THESE TO BOARDIES AT €19.99 (€5 LESS THEN REGULAR CUSTOMERS) SO DONT BE SHY!

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Put me down for a power pack also i can collect from the phillips store

cheers

Pete

Hi Peterk19

I have one reserved for you.
    Just mention your Boards name when you call in and we'll grab it for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Mine just arrived. Such a small little unit!. It will come in handy for my phone,psp and zune.

Just a small moan:cool:, The p+p is 10 euros. The actual p+p paid to ship the unit was 4 euros.

Hi Ash, Nicola,

Picked mine up today, thanks! And for the freebie too! Just wanted to mention for the other buyers that it comes with an extra adaptor not listed on the box for the Nintendo DS! So it charges everything I have!

Cheers,

Oliver.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.