Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made redundant Question...

Options
  • 16-04-2009 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I was made redundant after 11 years, I was put on a 3 day week last may but my redundancy was based on those 3 day weeks. I rang the National Employee Rights place and they said my redundancy should have been based on a 5 day week based on my gross pay, since I have`nt been on a 3 day week for more than a year I`m ok. My work place is only a small place and this was`nt done with very much explaination and I signed a Notification of redundancy before any figures or anything was explained to me. Its still on going but I`d like to hear any options I might have or way of getting the redundancy I`m intitled to based on the 5 day weeks I did for 11 years, I also want to sort this all out without falling out with anyone there, one last thing other people I worked there with also got the same deal. Any advice would be greatful, thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

The ruleing is that if you are put on a 3 day week for longer than one year that you have accepted that your contract is now a "3 day week contract" - the way to avoide this is to submit a letter / letters to your employer asking when you are going back on a 5 day week ie this means you are not happy with your 3 day week.
    in your case it is under one year so your redundancy should be caluclated on a 5 day week - this is the rule
    if you are in a small company or one that is not used to doing redundancy they may not know this or they could also be pulling a fast one
    if you go http://www.entemp.ie/employment/redundancy/faq.htm#faq4
    they cover all the areas, it might just be a case of giving that to the payroll department
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Thanks for the advice I will definetly bare that in mind since I`m half cut, but as someone who know`s feck all about this process for what ever I am intitled to I will get it, I`ll keep you up to date, once again thanks for your input..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

just to let you know that I was due the 5 days based redundancy, it was a mistake on there part, they got there info wrong, so I should hear something back in the next day or 2, also got sorted with the dole to, thanks for the help magic....

Advertisement