Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2009, Round 4

Options
  • 16-04-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Got tickets for the Eagles/Bulldogs game on Sunday so really looking forward to that, though can't see us winning.

FRIDAY, APRIL 16
    Brisbane v Collingwood Gabba - Brisbane

SATURDAY, APRIL 17
    Sydney v Carlton - Sydney
    Hawthorn v Port Adelaide - Hawthorn
    St. Kilda v Fremantle - St. Kilda
    Adelaide v Geelong - Geelong

SUNDAY, APRIL 18
    North Melbourne v Essendon - Essendon
    Melbourne v Richmond - Richmond
    West Coast v Western Bulldogs - Bulldogs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭legend73

FRIDAY, APRIL 16
    Brisbane v Collingwood Gabba - Collingwood Must win game

SATURDAY, APRIL 17
    Sydney v Carlton - Sydney

SUNDAY, APRIL 18
    North Melbourne v Essendon - Nth Melbourne Must win game
    Melbourne v Richmond - Richmond Must win game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

FRIDAY, APRIL 16
    Brisbane v Collingwood - Brisbane

SATURDAY, APRIL 17
    Sydney v Carlton - Carlton

SUNDAY, APRIL 18
    North Melbourne v Essendon - North Melbourne
    Melbourne v Richmond - Richmond

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I'd agree with Guappas picks there. Carlton to rebound against Sydney, altho that game is probably the toughest to pick, both coming off bad performances and disappointing losses. Roos against Bombers is the other one I was undecided about, but I think the roos (should) want it more as they need the win. Collingwood flattering to deceive again this year, but knowing them, they could go up to Brisbane and still pull it off.

bloody hell. I spent all last year backing Collingwood in their games, and they kept losing, and now I go against them and they win. Figures!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jeez Brisbane were shite.

Brown kicked 2-5. Pendlebury was quality with 35 possessions.

• Advertisement

2 extra days break gave the Pies the legs to run out the game, but it was a must win for them to be a top four threat. Brisbane had a lot of guys down from what I could tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

G'wan the Eagles! Superb performance today to shock the Doggies. Really hot day and the atmosphere in Subi was quality. Some real star performers today but the highlight was Eric McKenzie's goal line smother in the third quarter. If you see highlights later check it out. Stunning effort.

Richmond in serious trouble after getting done by the D's.

what a nightmare round for tipping.

bad round for tipping alright! a few upsets there.

Eagles game was great. They had a real intensity about their play and it was great to see them rebound after a humiliating loss against St Kilda like that. Kerr was great again, and Pridis got a lot of clearances in. Some great scores taken, Lynchs left footer being exeptional. And even though they beat WB by a good score, they didnt play to full capacity IMO. They dropped an awful lot of easy marks, fumbling a lot of ball, and there was a lot of wayward kicking. So in spite of a win against a top 3 side, they still have room for a better performance. That block on Eagleton was great alright Xavi, showed the spirit they had in the side.

On another note, I think the game had the worst umpiring I have seen in a long long time. The amount of times they couldnt bounce the ball, calling Nicoski for a trip, and not calling Akermanis who basically kicked out, the ridiculous call on Glass for shouldering Hill in a marking contest on the goal square and the lame excuse given (the commentators were going mental over that), calling the Eagles player over the line from the kickout when he barely even touched it (if at all) and there was so much more that they did wrong. Terrible umpiring.

Advertisement