Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoos over strech marks

Options
  • 16-04-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hows it goin im a 21 year old lad and ive wanted to get tattoos to cover strech marks i got four years ago from gaining weight and doing weights.

ive got some on my hips and on both my biceps. rather than have ugly scars there for my life id like to get some ink as i tink it would look better, Any advice on this? Has any one dones this before?

the tatoos i might be interested are mayb half sleeves on the arms slighty celtic or tribal designs mayb but not the chav ones u see everyone get on holidays i like the look of danial aggers one and i know people will say be original and that but i dont no how to go about designing them.

Id be particulary interested on what people suggest for tattoos on my hips as all the ones ive seen are girly and are on girls.thanks for reading and thanks in advance for the tips and advice. Some good websites to check out would help me alot....cheers

nrb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd recommend going to a tattoo artist whose work you like the look of and getting them to design you a piece.

HOWEVER:
    Just so you know, a tattoo will not completely disguise the stretch marks, they'll just be a different colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

HOWEVER:
    Just so you know, a tattoo will not completely disguise the stretch marks, they'll just be a different colour.

damo, does that go for old scars too?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

I have tattoos over stretch marks, as said it doesn't make them invisible but with the right choice it can disguise them, i found the key was not to have a solid colour, i have alot of lines some shading and a good bit of detail.

Good luck and keep us updated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It would be the same PinkTulips. Like Lilliput69 said, it won't totally hide them, but can mask them at least partially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hairyerthanu

PinkTulips wrote: »

depends on the scar tissue - I tried to get something over a stab wound I had on my shoulder - but it could not be worked on as it was not even and the skin is all white . the guy said he would be wasting my time and money as it would not take the ink and always be white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 queenemma

PinkTulips wrote: »

I am having a TAtto done atm it works Brillant if you go to the right Tattoo artist that knows how to tattoo over scar tissue

Advertisement