Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jefferson Bible

Options
  • 16-04-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

Anyone know if one can get a print copy of this in Ireland, rather then reading/printing/ordering online.

I would like to have a copy as it's the moral trachings minus the religous aspects so i am curious naturally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I would normally suggest a shop like Scripture Union, but I seriously doubt that they would be interested in stocking this. The interweb is your best bet, I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

Anyone know if one can get a print copy of this in Ireland, rather then reading/printing/ordering online.

I would like to have a copy as it's the moral trachings minus the religous aspects so i am curious naturally.

be excellent to each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

Amazon?

The Jefferson Bible

also worth a read is the book that inspired Jefferson to compile his abridged account of Jesus' teachings.

A History of the corruption of Christianity - Joseph Priestley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm puzzled by this.

Of what practical benefit is reading this book, I mean other than having as a curiosity around the house it seems a bit pointless.

The only value in the bible really is the notion that it’s somehow connected with the supernatural. Strip that out of it and it’s just a collection of contradicting disjointed stories?

btw. I'm not under estimating the curiosity value of the physical object itself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

firstly its only the new testament (well the Gospals) so the collection of disjounted stories is dumped (thankfully)

instead the story of Jesus is taken and its religious tappings are removed and you are left with some form of a fable with the moral lessons and the dangers of institutional religion crucifying an innocent man because he disagreed with them.

yes there's the curiosity of the object itself I admit that plays a big part. But also in part that I agree with the message of the story when all the religious trappings are removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Still as GX points out above, it's available on amazon.co.uk for £3.40, as far as I know most bricks & mortar bookshops in Ireland will order in for you any book stocked on amazon, so I'm not sure why you're having any difficulty acquiring this?

Advertisement