Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuable Photos

Options
  • 15-04-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi

I have some very interesting photographs which i believe would be of high value to irish newpapers.

How would i go about selling them annonymously?

Could i get them into a bidding war(very valuable photos)?

And if one asks for a sample how much can i show?

Want to know how the system work in general

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Awful Scut Mk2

Hi

I have some very interesting photographs which i believe would be of high value to irish newpapers.

How would i go about selling them annonymously?

Could i get them into a bidding war(very valuable photos)?

And if one asks for a sample how much can i show?

Want to know how the system work in general

Thanks

The first thing to have is realistic expectations.

This is not Britain, Irish papers don't have UK circulation rates and therefore don't have UK budgets. So unless you have pictures proving Elvis is alive and living in Leitrim, you can think in the hundreds rather than the thousands.

Secondly, anonymity won't be a problem, but you are going to have to show ALL of the pictures in their entirety if you're going to expect someone to offer you dough for them. If you're still worried about them using them without your permission, send them as low res or by mobile phone picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Don't do it.

You'll regret it and be cursed forever by your dirty money!

Oh and if you're right about your photos The Sun will beat all comers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Secondly, anonymity won't be a problem, but you are going to have to show ALL of the pictures in their entirety if you're going to expect someone to offer you dough for them. If you're still worried about them using them without your permission, send them as low res or by mobile phone picture.

I would have imagined meeting the relevant editor/journalist in person and showing them the pictures would be a good way of proving their validity too - although that may be an issue if the OP wants to be anonymous to everyone (which in itself could be an issue to some newspapers, although probably not if the pictures are good).

Advertisement