Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite place in Donegal?

Options
  • 15-04-2009 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

It can be any where,a beach,town,mountain,pub or nightclub!Anywhere that you feel happy and relaxed with not a bother in the world!

Mine has to be my house on a good sunny evening.The view is amazing and its very peaceful.

Theres a pic for yous.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Arranmore...nothing beats the place on a good summers day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

buncrana co.donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

sitting out on my pation on a nice sunny and warm day looking out across donegal bay to benbulben and mullaghmore just cant beat it, in fact, dont do it often enough

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

sitting out on my pation on a nice sunny and warm day looking out across donegal bay to benbulben and mullaghmore just cant beat it, in fact, dont do it often enough
    Pity you have to look at Sligo. :pac:

I like walking along Narin/Portnoo beach all the way to the rocks at the far end on a good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

Rossnowlaghs not bad, sitting on a body board listening to the waves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Has to be the pier at Port Aurthur in Gweedore on a summers morning. Sitting at the end of the pier looking out at the islands with the warmth of the sun on your back.... all your problems seem so insignificant.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

For most people this will be your home townland. No place like home although the Glen Tavern pub in the Glen of Glenties is up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

It's got to be the view of Lough Swilly and the Big Isle from the brothers house(just above Manor), there's nowhere better in the world when the sun is shining(or at least threating to shine)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭bullpost

Long time since I've been there , but hard to beat Narin.

Glenman wrote: »
    For most people this will be your home townland. No place like home although the Glen Tavern pub in the Glen of Glenties is up there!

Did it used to be called The Glen Inn?

• Advertisement

For most people this will be your home townland.
    Steady, I'm not from Portnoo. :D

In saying that, I have spent many hours walking the banks of the Foyle from outside Lifford heading towards St. Johnstone.

And, somewhere else near you is a favourite of mine as well. The beach at Malin Beg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

Rosapenna and the great links golf course beside the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

smashey wrote: »
    Pity you have to look at Sligo. :pac:

I like walking along Narin/Portnoo beach all the way to the rocks at the far end on a good day.

Speaking of portnoo... any of yis ever gone out to Doon Fort.... that too a magical place. It's a lovely day out. You have to hire a boat form the guy who owns the fort... so rowing.. its a quick learn!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The beach at Malin Beg.
    Ah, the Silver Strand, with millions (yes, millions :)) of steps down to the sands?

That is a nice spot alright.

Murvagh beach and forest are nice for walks etc.

byte wrote: »
    Ah, the Silver Strand, with millions (yes, millions :)) of steps down to the sands?

That is a nice spot alright.
    That's the one. It feels like millions of steps on the way up again. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Portsalon golf course on a good day, spectacular views from every tee, so if your playing rubbish you can just enjoy the scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Woger wrote: »
    Did it used to be called The Glen Inn?

The Glen Inn is a pub on main st Glenties.....definately not the place to be IMO.
    The Glen Tavern is 4 miles from Glenties on the back road to Ballybofey up the Glen Road

The Glen Inn is a pub on main st Glenties.....definately not the place to be IMO.
    The Glen Tavern is 4 miles from Glenties on the back road to Ballybofey up the Glen Road

Ok. The Glen Inn used to be very good, about 10 years ago when it looked like a room in a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

That's the one. It feels like millions of steps on the way up again. :eek:

A few years ago, myself and himself took the kids down those steps for a picnic. I wasn't looking forward to the ascent and half way up had to stop to catch my breath. Although it was summer it was COLD so imagine our surprise when 2 German couples (2 men & 2 women, blonde, healthy & hearty) came hurtling down the steps past us, shouting loudly and throwing every stitch to the wind :eek: Himself nearly had a heart attack - and, no, it wasn't because of the steps :rolleyes: The kids still talk about it to this day :pac:
    But, yes, a really breathtaking view at Silver Strand no matter what ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

No place like home although the Glen Tavern pub in the Glen of Glenties is up there!

Monday nights playing 25 like it should be played:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

shiibata wrote: »
    Monday nights playing 25 like it should be played:cool:
    And that is why you are presently offline :D

A few years ago, myself and himself took the kids down those steps for a picnic. I wasn't looking forward to the ascent and half way up had to stop to catch my breath. Although it was summer it was COLD so imagine our surprise when 2 German couples (2 men & 2 women, blonde, healthy & hearty) came hurtling down the steps past us, shouting loudly and throwing every stitch to the wind :eek: Himself nearly had a heart attack - and, no, it wasn't because of the steps :rolleyes: The kids still talk about it to this day :pac:
    But, yes, a really breathtaking view at Silver Strand no matter what ... ;)
    I counted them on the way up last time I was there and if my memory serves me right there are 174 steps.

Somebody should install a stannah. :D

when 2 German couples (2 men & 2 women, blonde, healthy & hearty) came hurtling down the steps past us, shouting loudly and throwing every stitch to the wind :eek: Himself nearly had a heart attack
    And what about yourself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

muffler wrote: »
    And what about yourself ;)

Too busy multi-tasking to get a good look - preventing the kids from running back down to join the naked revellers and deflecting himself from racing up the remaining steps to get the binoculars :pac: And all the while trying to recapture my breath (from the steps).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mouse 1

The Limelight in the Glenties

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

Moyle View Park Milford, for all your GAA thrills and spills..

no other place i'd rather be!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Inch Island.

pow wow wrote: »
    Inch Island.
    Pics or its not there ;)

Can I ask you why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Of course you can :D Spent most of last Spring there procrastinating from studying for my finals and when the weather is right it's one of my favourite places in Ireland. So so so beautiful. I didn't take any pics at the time so I guess I'll have to head back this year :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tall Tom

For me, it's Tramore Strand near Rosbeg. Can see it from the front door where mother grew up.

Advertisement