Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About Warcraft

Options
  • 15-04-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Any one knows if there is any warcraft DOTA tournament in Dublin ? :confused:
    Is Warcraft DOTA or normal map is popular ? I like it very much and always play it on Gerina. But if some one can host a competition for DOTA or even normal maps i will be very glad to join it. To play with a true guy sitting against you is really a great joy that cannot be catched up by playing on Gerina.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't know of any, maybe try some net cafes, some people play a lot of dota in them. A good few of us play on garena too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 andylau

JackCheung wrote: »
    Any one knows if there is any warcraft DOTA tournament in Dublin ? :confused:
    Is Warcraft DOTA or normal map is popular ? I like it very much and always play it on Gerina. But if some one can host a competition for DOTA or even normal maps i will be very glad to join it. To play with a true guy sitting against you is really a great joy that cannot be catched up by playing on Gerina.

Absolutely agree with you. Play with real mates sitting beside u is a fantastic feeling.
    As I know, in 5star Internet cafe in city center will hold a tournament for DOTA 2th May. It seems to be allied with Blizzard because i saw from their posters that gifts from blizzard will be offered to the winners.
    5 star is a good place to play warcraft where I have played before. But what i saw is that all guys who play warcraft are foreigners like Malay or Spanish. It seems that Dubliners dont like warcraft at all. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't forget the russians! Don't bd or they'll break your legs :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yeah a good few of us play online.
    im BigBadHarv on battlenet.
    deffo gonna check out the tournament on the 2nd may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JTD.Vapour

andylau wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with you. Play with real mates sitting beside u is a fantastic feeling.
    As I know, in 5star Internet cafe in city center will hold a tournament for DOTA 2th May. It seems to be allied with Blizzard because i saw from their posters that gifts from blizzard will be offered to the winners.
    5 star is a good place to play warcraft where I have played before. But what i saw is that all guys who play warcraft are foreigners like Malay or Spanish. It seems that Dubliners dont like warcraft at all. :)

Ill be at that, Ill be quite disappointed if i lose :P

-VaPz

• Advertisement

this was wriiten in another thread there:

"Hey guys just letting you know that Blizzard have been in contact with an associate of mine to stump up prizes for a Dota competition in Dublin, I'll have more info on it soon, can any of you name sites you would that would like see information on events like this appear eg. esports.ie"

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hughie-d

Thanks for the plug Ald, putting a press release together for my friend now, a quick question, how many of you guys will register a full team??? Obviously it would be easier if everyone had five players but we don't want to discourage single players!

I think that we will do a draw/raffle for single players who come on their own, that seems the easiest way of placing them in a team, what do you guys think?? Or would it be easier if we set up a website for the competition and let players without a team put up a bio (detailing which hero's they are profeccient with) and let people set up before??

I'm also thinking if we get a good few entrys we will set up a league of sorts so we can keep track of the best players, let me know what you guys think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 andylau

I get a contact mobile 087 9274835. The guy is in charge of this events as I know. Hope it can help,:0)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Probably not a great idea to post the number on a web board, even if it is a business number. PM it do anyone who wants it.

We will have a full team of 5, working on a second full team at the moment.
    Should be a great laugh.

Does anyone know what time it's at, is it an overnight jobby? Would prefer that to be honest. Have stuff to do during the day :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JTD.Vapour

During the day. Im fairly certain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JackCheung

Da Bounca wrote: »
    Probably not a great idea to post the number on a web board, even if it is a business number. PM it do anyone who wants it.

We will have a full team of 5, working on a second full team at the moment.
    Should be a great laugh.

Does anyone know what time it's at, is it an overnight jobby? Would prefer that to be honest. Have stuff to do during the day :/

That's a 24 hours running net cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

JackCheung wrote: »
    To play with a true guy sitting against you is really a great joy that cannot be catched up by playing on Gerina.

This needs "Confucious say" before it. Have to say, i agree though :)

Advertisement