Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

railway sleepers - paint/stain

Options
  • 15-04-2009 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I have railway sleepers in the garden but they are looking fairly shook at the moment. Could anyone tell me what i need to ask for in woodies to treat/varnish/paint them?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

As far as I know an oil treatment would be best as it soaks into the wood.

You mind me asking where you got them & how much they were ? Looking for some myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

cresote...it stinks for a few days is oily and messy but soaks in
    add coats 1/2 times a year

woodies may have it if they dont try to get it as otherwise they'll sell you some crappy water based sh1te as they manage to pawn off to people for their fences and sheds this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

You wont find Creosote in Woodies, its been a controlled hazardous substance for quite a few years now. It cant be bought by consumers, it's only for licenced industrial use, and really should never be used in a garden particularly if kids will be playing there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

You wont find Creosote in Woodies, its been a controlled hazardous substance for quite a few years now. It cant be bought by consumers, it's only for licenced industrial use, and really should never be used in a garden particularly if kids will be playing there!

+ it kills wildlife, burned (used) oil it is free, the stuff you remove from your car engine,

Advertisement