Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google & Examinership Help

Options
  • 15-04-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi All

I need help,

My company was in examinership IN 2007 and articles were printed on the Irish Indipendent newspaper - which subsequently was uploaded on there web site.

When coustomers Google my company name they get the article on the examinership

We are still trading and could do with coustomers being constantly reminded of our failings :o

Are there any way that i could remove these areticles

Im worried that it scaring away coustomers :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

no there won't be a way unless the said site agree to take them down. Your only other option is to create a site for your company, do it right and it could rank higher than the articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Jimbo,

The Net and search is a bit unforgiving, it’s a review of history at times and, unfortunately in this case, you feel it goes against. The paper will most likely not delete the article and will certainly not alter it retrospectively. Few approaches you could take:

On your own website: make a point of it - have a history of the company and that came out the other side. There is very little stigma, I think, about examinership as it is trying to protect the company and help it continue and pay as much to its creditors.
    Its two years ago – so make a point that “we came, we struggled, we did ok in the end”. Don’t feel that it’s a complete negative.

See if you can get a counter article written (no necessarily in Indo). Go on the tack that here we were in examinership at the height of the C.T. and we survived – here’s our story.

I think that would be on interest to many business and customers alike at this point in time.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭byrne0f56789

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Change your business name to something like your existing name but sufficiently disimilar so that the old articles won't be found.

Advertisement