Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get your art(photos) displayed in public?

Options
  • 15-04-2009 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    (this might be better in Arts/Photography forums but I'll try here as it's with regards to Galway).

I'm wondering what's the best way to try to get some photographs displayed in public/cafes etc. in and around Galway.
    1. Is it best just to approach places and talk to them and bring a portfolio?
    2. Has anyone done this before and what approach did you take?
    3. Presume that you'd pay for framing etc. yourself and the cafe/gallery etc. just displays them for you?
    4. What galleries, cafes etc. can you think of to approach?
    5. Is it possible to get a stall at the weekend market? Is there a contact number for the market?
    Some of my photographs are online here (more to be added soon- site not 100% finished so still a few teething problems) at http://patrick.dinneen.com/

In my opinion a lot of my pics aren't any better than many others on the photography forum but I think my style is distinctive....

cheers,
    Pa.

Advertisement