Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHEAP PINTS! Name where you can get a cheap pint in Ireland...

Options
  • 15-04-2009 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭

seen the thread over in rip off ireland about rip off pubs so i thought id start this one to name the good pubs in Ireland that dont rip you off. and no im not a Barman/Owner of a Pub.

I was over in the metro in tallaght there last night and they were charging €3 for a pint which is pretty good especially for dublin.

so name and shame the good pubs! :D

Comments

An Brog in Cork city is 2.90(maybe 2.95) on all pints up until 9pm(or 10 cant remember)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

An Brog in Cork city is 2.90(maybe 2.95) on all pints up until 9pm(or 10 cant remember)

until 9pm! Brog Thursdays after work :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Messrs Maguire: craft beers from the on-site brewery: €4 a pint. Price unchanged in about four years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

BeerNut wrote: »
    Messrs Maguire: craft beers from the on-site brewery: €4 a pint. Price unchanged in about four years.

But you also have to contend with the look of utter contempt that crosses the surly bar staffs face when you order it. That and an incident recently relating to vodka and water, and I now avoid the place.

• Advertisement

IronMan wrote: »
    But you also have to contend with the look of utter contempt that crosses the surly bar staffs face when you order it.
    I just find it amusing at this stage. So they'd rather sell me factory-made rubbish? F**k 'em.
    IronMan wrote: »
    I now avoid the place.
    Don't see anything in the spec about this being nice pubs with cheap pints. Not too many of them in central Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

That place awful. I can tolerate it at lunch or in the very early evening, but when the regulars start arriving and the volume of the music starts to go up, I start heading for the door.

Pity, the beer really is rather good and at a reasonable price.

Their Bock recently scooped the Michael Jackson Memorial Award for best Irish Beer, so that's award winning craft beer for €4 a pint.

so that's award winning craft beer for €4 a pint.
    Which the Porterhouse down the street were charging €5.10 for, IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

MacTurcaills on Tara St had pints for €3.50 and cocktails & spirits for €4 when I was there recently, I think it's a Monday/Tuesday thing, but it seemed to be on all night

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Captain America's in Cork and the bar above it, Suas, do €3 pints for students. It's probably only Monday - Thursday though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Don't drink there but the Glimmerman on Manor Street has a sign saying 3 euro pints of beamish, isn't there somewhere of aungier street that does 3.50 pints?what deals does George Bernard Shaw have at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Super deal on in Galway next Saturday ... or so I've been told.

The Skeff bar on Eyre Square is selling all draft beers for ...

... wait for it ....

.... €2.61 a pint :eek:

Will try and confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

o ' reillys pub, beside tara st station are doing pints for 3.40 weds - sun i think... might have the days mixed up but i was there on sunday night and they were that price! cant go wrong!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

http://www.pintofplain.com/

Knock yourself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

3.10 for a Beamish in Bandon is quite reasonable I thought

Forgot to mention Paddy Cullen's in Ballsbridge: Friar Weisse and Rebel Red for €3.90 a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Burtchaell

An Brog 2.90 till 9pm seven days a week. There is a poster advertising it on my apartment wall.:D It was'nt my doing no idea how it got there!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If you've no shame you can get cans of bavaria for €2 in the pav in Trinity. Just dress like a mature student.

Alternatively, bring your own Leffe or whatever and sit in the sun (if there is any this year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 damog8ly

the leitrim bar in sligo is by far the cheapest pub i ave came across the cheapest drink is a bottle of peroni for 1.30 and bottle of bud is 1.80

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

Forgot to mention Paddy Cullen's in Ballsbridge: Friar Weisse and Rebel Red for €3.90 a pint.
    I was in the sister pub right next door to it last week, it's called Mary Mac's, anyway I'm pretty sure I got a pint of Rebel Red in there for €3.70:eek:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Carroll's Bar St Lukes Cork City, Beamish € 3.40

BenShermin wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I got a pint of Rebel Red in there for €3.70
    The VAT rate was higher back when I posted about Paddy Cullen's above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

The VAT rate was higher back when I posted about Paddy Cullen's above.
    I didn't even take notice that it was 2009 when you posted that:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

russell court hotel:

mondays 2.50 all drinks
    tuesdays 2.00
    wednesday 3.00

can't remember the rest of the week's prices

i think at night you have to pay in in order to drink at that price...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

O'Connells, Limerick, City Centre... Guinness €3.30 all the time... Voted limericks best pint 2010 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

Good time charlies all pints and bottles 1€ between 8 and 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BMWGirl

Ah Brian Boru bar in cashel has 3 euro a pint for the 90 mins of a game any time there a match on during the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

McSwiggans in Galway have cheapie drinks. Pint of Guinness €3 and vodka s €3.. Think a glass of vino is €3 also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

€3.50 in the Gingerman for the craft ale. Great stuff!

Advertisement