Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 cigarette lighter, can it be changed?

Options
  • 15-04-2009 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

heya! just bought my first car there the other day, a nice peugeot 206 00 model 1.1l. Yesterday, i had noticed that the cigarette lighter is all rusted and dirty, i don't think it works like it doesn't even have the actual lighter thingy in it. I'm not a smoker so it didn't grasp my attention during my whole buying process, but it world be handy for charging my phone, sat nav unit and for my car vacuum. So... my question is..... Is this easily and cheaply replaced? as in the whole thing not just the lighter. If it can, around how much will it cost to do, and what to i have to buy, where do i buy it? Any ideas where to go in the co. Clare area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Have you actually tried it yet? In a lot of cases, they do get rusty, so i wouldnt worry about that.

Try it, and check the fuse for it too. To replace it would cost upwards of €100 I would imagine.

It wouldnt be that hard to replace, but i would let a mechanic do it, as you will be messing with a fairly powerful electrical source.

Advertisement