Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless help for Medion PC

Options
  • 15-04-2009 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi

I bought one of these http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_8597.htm and can't get the wireless working. I tried a few live cds (Ubuntu, Mint, Opensuse) and none worked. To be safe and experiement a bit I installed wubi and have tried messing around but can't get it going :( any help would be really apreciated guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

Firstly when you say its not working is it working in windows?

I'm going to assume that it is.

Have you entered the WPA key in network manager(/network configuration in Linux mint)?

if you have done these steps or the wireless isn't even detected.

do the following

Windows - right click on Computer on your desktop and click on Manage.Click continue when prompted and then click on device manager. look for network adapters on the right hand side and click the plus icon beside it - take a note of the adapters listed and post them up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 binaryboy

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah it's working fine in Windows but on Linux it's not even detecting the presence of a wireless card.

Did what you said and got this under Network Adapters
    802.11 n/g/b Wireless LAN USB Adapter
    Intel(R) 82562V 10/100 Network Connection

Upon clicking on the Wireless one, it says it's manufacturer is AzureWave Technologies, Inc. and the driver provider is Ralink.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭meathenterpr

Hi
    if the wireless is RaLink the following link maybe of use to you
    http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Linux.html
    You will need to get the exact wireless information. Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 binaryboy

Cheers guys. New Ubuntu detects the wireless card outta the box :D

Advertisement