Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holdem manager & SNGS

Options
  • 14-04-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Ok well i got holdem manager and was attempting to play cash but after about 3k hands i feel i had enough and im heading back to sngs !

Heres my question, How will i use the software to the max with sngs as its mainly designed for cash.

Is hud pointless? ( i hadnt mastered it yet with cash )

What are the main uses that i can put it to with regards sngs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Go to their site and download a recent beta.

The new nearly finished versions work really well for sng's.

A very simple HUD is really helpful for %ages of hands played, %hands raised, %raises called, etc etc.

The etc etc (how often they continuation bet, call a c bet, attempt steal, defend, resteal) and so on are only valuable with a decent number of hands, but the basics I first listed will differentiate between tight/loose/idiots in a remarkably small number of hands.

Within a single (not high stakes) sng, by the time the blinds get up, you can figure whose blinds to try and steal or who plays every hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

I assume that the stats change as the blinds increase?

I don't really play sngs (except for don's on stars occasionally), so the experts'll laugh at this because it's hugely over simplistic, but it'll give you an idea. Add more stats as you get an idea for what they mean about your opponent. Assuming 9/10 seaters.

Go into hud options, player preferences.

Choose vpip, then red for <15, orange for <30, green for <101

Choose preflop raise, then red for <5, orange for <9, green for less than 101

Choose call open, then red for <5, orange for <15, green for less than 101

Choose Hands (played against opponent)

Red is tight/beware

Orange is normal or loosish. May well have a clue.

Green is all systems go idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Thanks thats a great help

tipp86 wrote: »
    I assume that the stats change as the blinds increase?

For sure most of us are going to get more aggressive as blinds increase/numbers of players decrease, and hem can be fine tuned all the way, but for most of us, not massively multitabling, I guess we use it for record keeping, analyzing our own game/leaks and as a clue to the more obvious traits of our more obvious opponents, so I keep mine simple.

I for one have no interest in just being the human input interface of a software decision maker. I still want to play poker :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

I know this is off-topic but I was just wondering does holdem manager work with paddy power poker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

ImJohn wrote: »
    I know this is off-topic but I was just wondering does holdem manager work with paddy power poker?

Sure does.

Yep, used to half work because of a date issue but somebody on 2+2 complained until it got sorted.

Now if only they'd quit with the pop ups ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

If you go to www.sngicons.com and register for free to access the forums and then search for "darinvg" you will find a post from that guy where he put up screenshots of his HM configuration including colour bands.

It appears to be a popular config with people...

Advertisement