Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seen a UFO today

Options
  • 14-04-2009 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I was cycling, and it was around 3pm. The sky was fairly clear, and I was waiting at a junction, seen a bright plane, and it looked like a plane, but the top was reflective of the sunlight. I didn't straight away assume whatsoever that it was an U.F.O or anything of that nature. it didn't cross my mind. Nor would I be looking out for UFOs. The only thing I know myself to do, is watching my surroundings and occaisonly looking at the skies as that's my nature. But anyway,

Then I just checked to see the traffic lights were green, and it was red, so I was gazing back up in the sky, and it had vanished. Now it was like looking down and looking back up. it was at most 3/4 seconds in time difference. The skies was 80% clear and it just vanished.

I seriously couldn't understand it, there were no clouds for a good bit. a minute later I seen another plane passing by and it only just looked like it just took off from Dublin, and I could see the plane going beyond in the distance.

But the first Aircraft I seen, Just vanished. This is the second time in the last month I have seen this phenonomon.

Anyone see this? Anyone have something simalar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Where abouts was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Above Kilester.

Also A massive helicoptor was flying directly over my house last night for about 10mins. I live in a massive estate, so it was hovering my estate, but was at my corner of it. It was so noisy I swear I thought a helicopter had landed. It was late last night too. When I went to see what it was the light in my room blew. Went out the back and stared up at it for 2 mins, as it was still hovering about 200 feet above. it was a massive helicopter, and not a passenger one. Then just dissapered off into the distance.

But the U.F.O today literally dissapeared..... This is why I'm posting here, I'm bewildered at al these experiences I'm witnessing.

There is just so much we don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

mysterious wrote: »

Anyone have something simalar.

Yes , have a look at my posts' here :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520133

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Haven't heard of any other reports in or around Kilester recently, if you want to pop over to www.ufoi.org/report-an-incident.htm and leave as much detail as you can remember I'll get someone to look into it.

Also with regard to the helicopter incident. There have been a few reported incidents of aircraft that are identifiable as helicopters but its not possible to identify whether they're military, police or civil. These reports are being looked into but so far no one is owning up to the claims.

Ziycon wrote: »
    Haven't heard of any other reports in or around Kilester recently, if you want to pop over to www.ufoi.org/report-an-incident.htm and leave as much detail as you can remember I'll get someone to look into it.

Will do, I'm not normally one, to get over aniticapated over an UFO sighting. But this was just bizarre.

Also with regard to the helicopter incident. There have been a few reported incidents of aircraft that are identifiable as helicopters but its not possible to identify whether they're military, police or civil. These reports are being looked into but so far no one is owning up to the claims.

My gut feeling, it was not good, on this one. I dunno, but I just don't know, it was hovering above my house for ages. I went outside, and it was like 1am..... (I think)

The stranger just seems to cross my path as time goes on.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

Hi all,

The Helicopter is either more than likely an Irish Air Corps EC-135 or AW139 as they are conducting NVE ( Night Vision ) training and have been active at this alot lately or it could be one of An Garda Siochana's EC-135's helping with a search, remember they dont need to have a searchlight on to see you, Thermal Vision is perfect at night time. Also 1am over Dublin is nothing out of the way for either the Air Corps or Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I saw a Ufo last week at 11pm in Dalkey it was a bright orange colour and was flying pretty low.
    At first I thought it was a helicopter but it was totally silent not a sound at all from it.

Hi all,

The Helicopter is either more than likely an Irish Air Corps EC-135 or AW139 as they are conducting NVE ( Night Vision ) training and have been active at this alot lately or it could be one of An Garda Siochana's EC-135's helping with a search, remember they dont need to have a searchlight on to see you, Thermal Vision is perfect at night time. Also 1am over Dublin is nothing out of the way for either the Air Corps or Gardai.
    While i have you here, I'm not 100% on all details when it comes to aircraft regulations but just wondering is there any reason why a helicopter would fly at a pretty low altitude with no warning beacons or nav lights on?

While i have you here, I'm not 100% on all details when it comes to aircraft regulations but just wondering is there any reason why a helicopter would fly at a pretty low altitude with no warning beacons or nav lights on?

That was my question also.

Why at nightime, at 1am, and why hover over my house for 5 mins and then drift off. Bear in mind

I thought it was somebody out cutting my lawn with a super duper exhaust lawnmower it was that loud. When I was in my room, I felt like a bomb landed on my roof.

So I went outside to see, and it was a massive helicopter hovering in the one spot. When I turned on the back light, it just left shortly.

It did look like a millitary helicopter. Average joes wouldn't have these planes.

My question what in god's name would the air corps be wandering over an posh estate for ages at that time of the night?

I seriously doubt they were looking for a robber. It would just be redicoulous, the size of the thing is like something you'd have flying in Iraq.

Hi all,

Thermal Vision is perfect at night time. Also 1am over Dublin is nothing out of the way for either the Air Corps or Gardai.

No of course not just hover over an estate at 1am and wake everyone up.. Seriously this was very very loud.... midweek...

Seriously I just can't agree that this is normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

No of course not just hover over an estate at 1am and wake everyone up.. Seriously this was very very loud.... midweek...

Seriously I just can't agree that this is normal.

It gets very frustrating when people dont take you seriously.I got to the stage I dont bother telling anyone about the things I saw.:(

holly1 wrote: »
    It gets very frustrating when people dont take you seriously.I got to the stage I dont bother telling anyone about the things I saw.:(

I don't really care, I already know that every single person I know is a pressure cooker of information within them about to explode. Everyone I've encountered had something they experienced that was strange, but will not tell others ;) They don't even half to tell me, I just pick it up.

They don't have the balls like me to just say it out loud;) Cus they are afraid what people might think. This is why the world has become a very very boring place.

For example, I bump into someone I know from home, and we bump into each other same times same dates almost every year. No special reason, but it's ****ing weird. I know within my own family history a certain number comes up. I know as a child spirits from other worlds guided me and my path to this day. I know my own grandmother left karma for me to complete here. Yet it all sounds crazy. But who of you is in the position to say it's crazy, Who in the world is the judge of what I experienced in my life. Who is the person to tell me that I didn't go through this.

Seriously worrying what others think of strange things you experienced, is just plain stupid. Everyone has something they experienced that was just so strange and weird at somestage.

But the main point of that, is hush hush don't tell anyone it might be crazy. It's percieved as crazy, cus we live in a soicety where you don't lead, you don't speak out, you don't open up, you don't express your honest views, You don't emote.

They are "weaknesses"

Not in my case ;)

Well surveillance would be a good enough reason especially if on Ops or if Military it is not uncommon to be as "invisible" as possible this is a very common practice even in daylight so much so that even RAF Crews do it at day and night, recently an IAC EC135 "Echo271" asked Waterford Airport to cancel all lighting for their Approach as they were NVE training.

Why at nightime, at 1am, and why hover over my house for 5 mins and then drift off.

Well if it was the GASU ( Gardai Air Support Unit ) then perhaps you should ask when do most robberys occur.

My question what in god's name would the air corps be wandering over an posh estate for ages at that time of the night?

Night flying is nothing new to our guys, and what has it to do with a Posh estate.

Any number of reasons they could have been there if Gardai then perhaps checking out something they might have been tasked to go to instead of sending a Patrol Car, its literally minutes to fly and much longer in a Patrol Car and dont forget as you pointed out they can hover and look at whatever with their various assets it is much harder to escape from a helicopter than a few Gardai cars chasing you down and easier to co-ordinate from the air too a "birds-eye" view if you will.

Sometimes the guards fly choppers to look for marijuana growers. late at night.

Well surveillance would be a good enough reason especially if on Ops or if Military it is not uncommon to be as "invisible" as possible this is a very common practice even in daylight so much so that even RAF Crews do it at day and night, recently an IAC EC135 "Echo271" asked Waterford Airport to cancel all lighting for their Approach as they were NVE training.
    Makes sense, thanks for that.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TinyFlynn

i once saw a blimp............:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

TinyFlynn wrote: »
    i once saw a blimp............:)

In Coppers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TinyFlynn

If you are refering to that place where you have all those gards going drinkin cause they have no friends in dublin, because all gards are from out of Dublin (culchies) then yes i saw a f**k-load of them in there !!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

Summer 2003, Bratislava, Slovakia. Watched one for about 20 minutes one night from the window of my accommodation at the edge of the city where I was staying. A plane flew towards it from the direction of the airport, a military plane I'm guessing, "it" begun to move towards the plane, plane turned around and left. As true as I am typing this post. First and only time ever seeing a UFO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Jake1 wrote: »
    Sometimes the guards fly choppers to look for marijuana growers. late at night.

This is correct. They have Heat sensing technology and they fly around late at night to see if anyones House roof is abnormally bright on their equipment. If it is, they know that there must by hydroponics in the attic.

:o:o:o

Remember, big brother is watching !!!!

I just threw out the trash,

And I was looking at the stars, go out and look if your in the Dublin area.

It's very clear I SEEN A UFO, THAT FLASHED 4 LIGHTS IN THE SKY. AT LEAST THREE TIMES THE HIGHY OF A NORMAL PASSENGER PLANE. THEN DISSAPEARED.

THIS IS GETTING CRAZY:(

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

claiva wrote: »
    This is correct. They have Heat sensing technology and they fly around late at night to see if anyones House roof is abnormally bright on their equipment. If it is, they know that there must by hydroponics in the attic.

:o:o:o

Remember, big brother is watching !!!!
    I think you're giving the gardaí a little more credit than they deserve. What if the house just has the central heating on and poor insulation in the attic??

The IR Technology can pick up the heat signature of a person outside this shows up as white around a black background but they cant see through walls etc

As you can see from this video this gives you an idea of what the Operator is viewing.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7fc_1200016308

So no they can not see into your home effectively. Alot of this technology is really useful when Criminals are on the run in pitch black and Ground Units cannot see him/her but the IR on the Helo can see perfectly as illustrated in the video above.

It's very clear I SEEN A UFO,

Of course you did i would have too as i didnt know what it was.
    THAT FLASHED 4 LIGHTS IN THE SKY.

What colour were those lights? Were they strobeing?

AT LEAST THREE TIMES THE HIGHY OF A NORMAL PASSENGER PLANE. THEN DISSAPEARED.

Can you tell me the Normal height of a passenger Aircraft? Have you ruled out high flying TransAtlantic Aircraft, have you ruled out Military Traffic transiting over Ireland, you know Normal Aircraft Operate at varying altitudes, such as

Airbus A330 Normal operating height: 37,000-41,000ft
    Airbus A320 Normal operating height: 33,000-39,000ft
    Boeing 757 Normal operating height: 41,000ft
    Embraer ERJ-145 Normal operating height: 37,000ft

Also some Miltary Aircraft can fly up as high as 65,000ft so you tell me what you deem to be normal.

THIS IS GETTING CRAZY:(

In what way exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

I don't really care, I already know that every single person I know is a pressure cooker of information within them about to explode. Everyone I've encountered had something they experienced that was strange, but will not tell others ;) They don't even half to tell me, I just pick it up.

They don't have the balls like me to just say it out loud;) Cus they are afraid what people might think. This is why the world has become a very very boring place.

For example, I bump into someone I know from home, and we bump into each other same times same dates almost every year. No special reason, but it's ****ing weird. I know within my own family history a certain number comes up. I know as a child spirits from other worlds guided me and my path to this day. I know my own grandmother left karma for me to complete here. Yet it all sounds crazy. But who of you is in the position to say it's crazy, Who in the world is the judge of what I experienced in my life. Who is the person to tell me that I didn't go through this.

Seriously worrying what others think of strange things you experienced, is just plain stupid. Everyone has something they experienced that was just so strange and weird at somestage.

But the main point of that, is hush hush don't tell anyone it might be crazy. It's percieved as crazy, cus we live in a soicety where you don't lead, you don't speak out, you don't open up, you don't express your honest views, You don't emote.

They are "weaknesses"

Not in my case ;)

i wouldnt consider myself phsycic but (im serious) just before a toaster goes off ill go "now" and most of the time it will same with texts and sometimes in the middle of the night if i wake up i can tell what time it is by the minute pretty strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gorilla_image

erm, I think there's a much more logical/simpler explanation to your sighting than a UFO. Here's my hypothesis: the angle of the reflected light made the plane glisten in the sun. after a few seconds it was in a different position so the angle of the sun would be differnet and therefore not glistening, and not that easily visble by the naked eye. to assume it disappeared or is a UFO is a bit illogocal, and the least likely of explanations. Maybe fairy or a Leprechaun on a unicorn...

Advertisement