Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Almera Dci - Opinions please

Options
  • 14-04-2009 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

I'm thinking about buying an 06 2.2 diesel Almera, I'm just wondering if I can get some opinions.
    Fuel efficiency, reliability etc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

engine is Renault unit. have heard reports of injector and turbo faults with this engine when fitted to other models, but have no first hand experience of an Almera with this engine. I'm presuming it's an Almera van?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

Yeah I'm looking at a car/van thing.
    The Corolla van's are very expensive in comparison.
    Hence I'm considering an Almera.

Focus van would be a good compromise. much better drive than the Almera, safer and more comfy too.

Thanks but I know 2 people who owned focus's and the enigne blew.
    In truth they where both petrol but it really put me off Fords.

not a good enough reason, i'm afraid. certainly not good enough to get an Almera instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

Grimlock wrote: »
    Thanks but I know 2 people who owned focus's and the enigne blew.
    In truth they where both petrol but it really put me off Fords.

Lack of proper servicing & abuse I'd presume.

No on both accounts for both cars s far as I know.

But we are getting off track.

Any further opinions?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

The Almera from 2003 on had the new, more powerful 136bhp engine as opposed to the original 115bhp engine. I've driven both and owed the 136bhp version (black car/van type)and found it very powerful and good mpg. I tends to torque steer quite a bit though. I'd no problems whatsoever. Also, the spec is very high on those dci models, i.e. alloys, disc brakes all round, steering controls, cd, all electric, great seats.
    Great car.

Advertisement