Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oddball working at the trainstation.

Options
  • 14-04-2009 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Me and the girlfriend came up to Kilkenny from Cork and a very nice time we had.But when we were going to cross the footbridge to get over to the other side for the train this guy stuck out an umbrella in front of us and said in a very annoyed voice that there was no train for Cork,then walked away.We went after him and asked him what he meant,it turned out the trains were operating on the Sunday service (it was the bank holiday monday).But yer man had a really bad attitude and was very unhelpfull.He was about 60 with glasses and a cap,has any one else had experiences with him?Im surprised they employ him.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Did you perhaps have a word with the station master or make a complaint,?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Cabaal wrote: »
    Did you perhaps have a word with the station master or make a complaint,?
    Maybe it was the station master?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

There's a train to Cork from Kilkenny? since when?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Beats me, considering there's only 1 line going through Kilkenny. I guess its a change a Kildare junction for a Cork-bound train?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Maybe the OP was in Kildare and has mixed it all up ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

ztoical wrote: »
    There's a train to Cork from Kilkenny? since when?

No, he told them there was no train for Cork...well feckin duh!!
    How did he even know they were Cork people or going there, what an ignoramus. Wish people would leave that kinda rubbish on the Hurling field :rolleyes:

They could have just been from Munster, or shock horror not even living or going to Cork.

I don't know who that guy is, but I've never found the staff there particularly friendly or helpful,bar the nice lady selling the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

I once asked for a single ticket to bagnelstown, some man(not station master) gave me an Adult Return.. (about 3 times the price and me being 15 at the time should surely have qualified for a Child Ticket) was in a hurry becuase the train was already there so didnt quibble,but still :mad:
    never had any other problem though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

Stephen wrote: »
    Beats me, considering there's only 1 line going through Kilkenny. I guess its a change a Kildare junction for a Cork-bound train?
    My apoligies,it was actually the Waterford train,as i was going via there then getting the bus to Cork.

I didnt think you needed to cross the bridge, because the train comes in on one railway line and then the "driving" carriage swtiches.. maybe he was trying to tell you that the train was going to come in on the "near" side and there was no need to cross the bridge..
    Could be mistaken though...

KatCookie wrote: »
    I didnt think you needed to cross the bridge, because the train comes in on one railway line and then the "driving" carriage swtiches.. maybe he was trying to tell you that the train was going to come in on the "near" side and there was no need to cross the bridge..
    Could be mistaken though...

No, sometimes when trains are arriving at the same time i.e. from both Dublin and Waterford at the same time they use both platforms.

• Advertisement

mfitzy wrote: »
    No, sometimes when trains are arriving at the same time i.e. from both Dublin and Waterford at the same time they use both platforms.

trains can't arrive at the same time, there's only one track coming into Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

there used be a guy in mallow railway station before and when ya rang and asked the time of the next train to cork he used say the time and hang up.

i rang him back before and called him a b0&%$x and hung up.

he was lethal for it

trains can't arrive at the same time, there's only one track coming into Kilkenny.

No, track is double partly from out past the O'Loughlin road bridge inwards. I was only there getting a train a couple of weeks ago and both were there the same time.

No, he told them there was no train for Cork...well feckin duh!!
    How did he even know they were Cork people or going there, what an ignoramus. Wish people would leave that kinda rubbish on the Hurling field :rolleyes:

Are you calling me or the guy at the train station an ignoramus? I was assuming the OP said to the guy that they were getting a cork train given the wording of their original post, I seriously doubt the guy just shouted there's no cork train at them. That would have been very random thing to shout out given there's no tracks between kilkenny and cork - unless the OP was dressed head to foot in red.

there used be a guy in mallow railway station before and when ya rang and asked the time of the next train to cork he used say the time and hang up.

i rang him back before and called him a b0&%$x and hung up.

he was lethal for it

Was the kind of rubbish people used get away with in the public sector. Changed now as they have customer charters and the like now.

Are you calling me or the guy at the train station an ignoramus? I was assuming the OP said to the guy that they were getting a cork train given the wording of their original post, I seriously doubt the guy just shouted there's no cork train at them. That would have been very random thing to shout out given there's no tracks between kilkenny and cork - unless the OP was dressed head to foot in red.

Of course the guy in the train station I meant ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

get a car so bud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I don't know who that guy is, but I've never found the staff there particularly friendly or helpful,bar the nice lady selling the tickets.

+1 lady who sells the tickets is v nice.

I was getting a train to sligo a few months back for few days work up there and she checked if it'd be cheaper to buy two seperate tickets i.e. kilkenny to dublin then dublin to sligo rather than a direct kilkenny to sligo ticket for me. I didn't even ask her to as work was paying expenses but she checked anyway, (Turns it the direct kk to sligo is slightly cheaper but still expensive!) was nice of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I once asked for a single ticket to bagnelstown, some man(not station master) gave me an Adult Return.. (about 3 times the price and me being 15 at the time should surely have qualified for a Child Ticket) was in a hurry becuase the train was already there so didnt quibble,but still :mad:
    never had any other problem though!

why on earth would you want to go to bagnelstown?

To see a friend, :D I had other friends getting the train from Thomastown and not by car ..
    Hey, When in Rome.....

• Advertisement

To see a friend, :D I had other friends getting the train from Thomastown and not by car ..
    Hey, When in Rome.....

Rome and Bagenalstown in the same thread...brilliant :D

Advertisement