Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden sheds and roll out lawn

Options
  • 14-04-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

I've moved into a new house about 6 months ago. Now I have all the house sorted time to move onto the garden.

I was going to buy a metal shed but I think they are far too expensive (esp in these times) so I was wondering if anyone has a wooden shed with a PVC metal clad roof and how they found it? Are they sturdy enough etc?

Also was wondering if anyone knows if it would be worth it to buy roll out grass for a relatively small garden (60 sq m) and if so anyone who is a reasonable stockist in meath area?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I have my lawn from Summerhill lawns, they are based in Meath. Top quality lawn and cheapest by a long shot when I got mine 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 meathette

Was it hard to put down? Can you get them to do it for you do you know? It's just my other half is a bit dubious about messing it up....

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

http://www.summerhilllawns.ie/

I have got many sods from too. They are very good quality and will deliver if you want. Best option as they are quite heavy.

You will need a good bed for them to put them down on. Ideally should be rotavated and raked out evenly and remove any stones.

Allow for 10% roughly for wastage for around edges and corner and a couple may not take, although they should do.

Watering is key afterwards and buy there pre soding fertiliser too.

It's handy enough to lay but hard enough word, lifting etc.

If you want i would lay them for you for and do any prep work if needed.

Before and After! Although he didn't want to pay for the rotavation but there was good soil contact all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 meathette

Thanks for the info and pics.

Still only considering the option.... as a matter of interest how much would you charge for laying it?

• Advertisement

Hi, i sent you a pm :)

Advertisement