Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far do you commute from KK?

Options
  • 14-04-2009 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how far do people here commute from KK. I commute nearly 40 miles each way to South Wicklow most days? About an hour journey.

How far do you commute from Kilkenny 15 votes

Under 10 miles
    0% 0 votes
    10-20 miles
    20% 3 votes
    20-40 miles
    26% 4 votes
    40 plus miles
    53% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I use to commute from Thurles to KK which is 45 mins going via freshford but the bloody bus went the back roads and took an hour plus. Now living in KK and commuting to Dublin some days, a happy hour and half - thankfully don't have to do it every day, had a solid 6 weeks of it and it was a royal pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Dublin would be a pain in the hole alright, least the new road will make it a hell of a lot easier than it used to be.
    I work over in Baltinglass some days and only takes 45-50 mins now on a good day thanks to the new Carlow bypass. Superb. Would have been easily an hour or more before it opened.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Used to live in Waterford for about 8 years, moved back to Kilkenny during last summer with intention to change jobs to something in Kilkenny City or county....but of course the country changed so best hold on to job I have.

Now have to commute down to Waterford daily takes me between 40-45min each way doesn't matter if schools are on or off which is good...great fun :pac: ;)
    Important thing though is its a job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've a 7 minute commute. I think its 2.5 miles. Dead end job but I am grateful to have one.

Nightwish wrote: »
    I've a 7 minute commute. I think its 2.5 miles. Dead end job but I am grateful to have one.

Lucky you! I used work in KK itself but had to move offices/area to get more permenancy. Don't intend doing it longer term, or get based in Carlow.
    Roll on the M9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I'm about a 12 min walk...

I lived in Dublin for years and was forever swapping buses and waiting at bus stops. I'll hopefully never do that again.

Now I leave home at 8.45am and am in before 9. Love it.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

I travel from Callan to Waterford daily (via Fiddown bridge) and it's 30 miles door-to-door. It takes me about 45 minutes, depending on tractor/milk truck traffic between Callan and Piltown

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Kilkenny - Clonmel & like Spocker, can take take up to 45 minutes, depending on tractors, trucks, etc. Don't mind though, only going to work. ;)
    Better late than never.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Spocker wrote: »
    I travel from Callan to Waterford daily (via Fiddown bridge) and it's 30 miles door-to-door. It takes me about 45 minutes, depending on tractor/milk truck traffic between Callan and Piltown

Have to say I rarely meet traffic all the way to Piltown, but then I'm gone pretty early.

I used to go Mullinavat way but the road has gone to total ****e

Cabaal wrote: »
    Have to say I rarely meet traffic all the way to Piltown, but then I'm gone pretty early.

I used to go Mullinavat way but the road has gone to total ****e

In the near future you will be able to access the new M9 near Knocktopher, will probably be a quicker option, depending on where in Waterford you're headed.

• Advertisement

mfitzy wrote: »
    In the near future you will be able to access the new M9 near Knocktopher, will probably be a quicker option, depending on where in Waterford you're headed.

True won't be so bad then, still think it'll be faster to go Fiddown bridge way if your heading for IDA/Cork Road side of things

Advertisement