Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you measure a roof window?

• 14-04-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I did a survey last week where the roof window is up through a tunnel. Now, I was not going onto the roof to measure it as I dont think I would be insured for that, and even if I did get the ladder up through the tunnel, I would not fit in there!

I took the measurements as accurately as I could at the end of the tunnel, of course I am now assuming that the tunnel is the same size as the window.... What would you have done?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

most rooflights have standardised sizes.... 780 x 980 and 780 x 1180 are the most common sizes...

i personally would have tried to estimate what 'size band' the rooflight is in....
    or measured the box section when up in the attic checking the insulation...

measuring the ope in the ceiling doesnt mean anything as these are generally enlarged to allow as much light as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i personally would have tried to estimate what 'size band' the rooflight is in....
    or measured the box section when up in the attic checking the insulation...

Had thought that myself but then you would be getting a larger measurement as you are measuring the box rather than the opening.

Twas a good bit smaller, only .32m2

Advertisement