Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamster's 'acting'

Options
  • 14-04-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

First off, I love TG :)

But we all know that the studio bits are obviously scripted, with the guys constantly setting each other up for gags etc, but I must say some of Hammond's bits are cringe worthy his 'acting' / fake surprise is so bad... especially when setting Clarkson up for some sort of a punchline. Anyone else agree?

James on the other hand, is fantastic :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

He can come across as a bit over hyper sometimes, particularly in the 12*6 News Seg, when Jezza lost his voice....

The uncut version especially he did come across a bit much.
    Still funny though.

It's part of his uniqueness though. It would be boring if they were all the same.
    Richard is the small hyper one.
    James is the quiet, wierd one with the big hair.
    Jezza is...Jezza.

He can be funny though, and comes out with some funny lines.
    The "They're not THAT eagle eyed" line made me crack up.
    And when he was telling off Jezza when he burnt his tongue with the pipe.:pac:

But yes, I agree...James is the best. He has great dry wit and the best laugh!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

The way it is scripted can be perceived as being good and bad.
    Good as it gives the viewer a better show, and bad as it seems cheap now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Tea Spoon

It has become more noticeable since his accident 3 years ago. After he recovered he immediately did the rounds on the TV chat shows and popped up here , there and everywhere. He comes across as more natural in the earlier series.

Advertisement