Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online advertising rates

Options
  • 14-04-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have any idea what the rates are to advertise on the internet on mainly touristy sites. So if i wanted to put an add for my hotel, b&b or restaurant with a pic and general info on board failte or a similar site how much wold it cost.

cheers

Frag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

Hi Frag, my advice is to only use google adwords for search. Everything is a waste of cash for small advertisers.

If you google around you should be able to pick up a £30 adwords voucher, if not they tend to give them away each month in magazines like .net

Get a book like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Winning-Results-Google-AdWords-Second

And you will be flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You'd want to be really clever with Google Adwords, as you'll be in a very competitive market and up against guys like me with a bigger budget and a PPC team :)

As far as I know, getting your property with Board Failte (discoverireland.ie) should be free.

You should approach a number of websites, get quotes and as much information as possible and then decide, although getting listed with the major reservation websites and having competitive rates could also help.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 caminowebmaster

And optimise your site - I have just written a short free guide on this for Irish website - http://www.cubeonlinemarketing.ie/cube-seo-guide-for-irish-business/ pdf and free to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Thanx for the replies guys...

Looking back i think my op may have been a lttle misleading as i dnt have a hotel or B&B. Myself and a friend have found a niche in the tourist market in both Ireland and the UK so we have decided to set up a business around it. We will be advertising the types of business mentioned above and i want to kow what the standard rates are and how they come to these prices. I would understand that a lot of it will have to do with site trffic etc. We ar working closely with a web design company that have plenty of exp in launching websites that require add revenue to keep operating.

Caminowebmaster- thanx for the link, very helpfull

Zabbo-Thanks for the reply. wht is a PPC and if you dont mind me askng but what is it that you do?

Let of centre- we are looking at google search optimisation and other avenues that will help crete more trafic.

The great thing is is that the people and companies already active in the specific sector we aim to target have all good web domain names but the one that we want is still free and after a bit of research we found out that if utilised correctly then we will be top of any google search for this particuar sector in ireland and uk. Its the equivelent of having all sorts of irish golf websites but nobody using golf.ie web domain. As you can guess i( we) are not the most internet savvy people when it comes to setting up a net biz so i appreciate all and any help you guys can give.

thanx again

frag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭byrne0f56789

I agree with the previous posts about AdWords for search being the best form of advertising. I know you will be on the other side of this.

I think selling banner ads is a thing of the past for websites. This is not a bad thing from your perspective. You can use affiliate programs along with Google AdSense on your site. The good thing about this is that you don't have to make advertising sales. You can get started right away and focus all your time creating content and optimising your site. There are plenty of affiliate programs in tourism and more people tend to purchase travel and tourism online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement