Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESL China anybody interested

Options
  • 14-04-2009 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Im thinking about going to teach english in China (beijing preferably) in June. Anybody else thinking about heading over? Pop me a mail.Bobby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Can't start my own thread for some reason so going to put my post in this one.

Has anyone moved to China for a year / two to teach English to Chinese students? I've recently graduated from college and currently work full time but I am looking to see a bit of the world while also working.

Anyone have any advice for someone planning on teaching ESL in China?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hi Macca. Did you know that we have a Teaching Abroad forum ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Ponster wrote: »
    Hi Macca. Did you know that we have a Teaching Abroad forum ? :)

I'd pick shanghai over Beijing, its just cleaner and more cultured. They love white westerns there too, money is good and you don't need work too hard. I ve come very close to going. You will be stared at a lot. I was there for a month last summer. Loved it, definitely a very different culture, I felt very safe too.

Advertisement