Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Paranormal in Rec ?

Options
  • 13-04-2009 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't it be better suited to religion and spirituality

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Good lord no! :D

My spiritual beliefs may come into play when I discuss the paranormal but they can be 2 very different things.

What has any god got to do with telekenisis? Or spontainious combustion? Or Bigfoot? Or the fact someones dog knows when they are coming home?

ITs not all about the afterlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

MooseJam wrote: »

while certain areas can be very similar, neither purely spiritual issues here, or purely paranormal issues on spirituality forum, would work.

Of course, you can discuss things like ghosts and angels here, and discuss them in a different context on spirituality.

it all depends on what context or type of discussion is in play.
    two places, two different ways to deal with the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

The next time you have a heated discussion about the paranormal, just remember: Its 2 down from "Mustard" and a few above "Zombie Survival"....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

The next time you have a heated discussion about the paranormal, just remember: Its 2 down from "Mustard" and a few above "Zombie Survival"....

>_>

oh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

6th wrote: »
        Good lord no! :D

My spiritual beliefs may come into play when I discuss the paranormal but they can be 2 very different things.

What has any god got to do with telekenisis? Or spontainious combustion? Or Bigfoot? Or the fact someones dog knows when they are coming home?

ITs not all about the afterlife.

You forgot Mothman. For shame! :P

• Advertisement
      • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

MooseJam wrote: »
        Only sometimes, and in a very narrow way. 6th gave examples of other areas that have nothing to do with belief systems.

Sometimes, Ive seen posters put up two similar posts in both forums (or in sleeping and dreaming, for example) in order to get a different angle based on each forums charter and remit.

Paranormal is here to discuss things we dont understand, in order to see if they are simply normal occurances being misunderstood, or something weird. Its a place for (good) disagreement and debate, a lot of the time. Spirituality is more where you look at such an occurance in order to see its spiritual significance, and get the input of other similar minded posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

wow - well theres someone who knows their alphabet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It should really be under Sci if anything :pac:

Like the others have said, there can be some overlap in the topics in paranormal and spirituality forums (and others), but the paranormal forum deals with them from a particular perspective.

(I'll leave this thread for a day or two and then merge it with the paranormal feedback thread if that's alright?)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

iamhunted wrote: »
        wow - well theres someone who knows their alphabet
        Yes I do. By the way; it's there's not theres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

oh I surrender. Tell the Grammar Police I'll go quietly.

• Advertisement
      • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

stevenmu wrote: »
        It should really be under Sci if anything :pac:

Now I'm torn :p

Advertisement