Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook tete-a-tete

Options
  • 13-04-2009 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

This is a Facebook argument/discussion that happened amongst some friends of mine on the site. Pretty interesting and funny. All names are removed for privacy of course

MRS A. thinks God dying on a cross should = day off. other holidays = notsomuch
    April 9 at 6:42pm · Comment · LikeUnlike · Show Feedback (17)Hide Feedback (17)

Mr B. 1 wrote at 7:53pm April 9
    "God dying on a cross" - seriously, it's embarrassing how poorly you understand even your own religion. Please read the bible. "God" was never crucified and the difference between god and son of god isn't exactly minor...

MRS A. wrote at 9:50pm April 9 via Facebook Mobile
    God the Son. as in the holy trinity. i understand perfectly.

Mr. B wrote at 10:15pm April 9
    Again, go read the bible. Not a single mention of the trinity, which was later adopted to promote the belief that there is only one god. Further discussed by our buddy JC: "Jesus frequently referred to the "Father" as God as distinct from himself." So the act of crucifying Jesus Christ is not the same as god dying, any more so than anyone else dying.

As a Christian, you SHOULD know this stuff.

Since you don't, allow me to help: Concept of trinity does not indicate that "Jesus is god" as you misconstrued - it simply means that god is in all things "the one God exists in three Persons and one substance, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."... Read More

Sincerely,
    Pastor Mr. B

Mr C. wrote at 11:18pm April 9
    I understood what you meant, xxxx.

MRS D. at 6:27am April 10
    WOW! I'm SO glad we have the God police out there watching over our words & keeping us straight. Seems "Pastor?" xxxx is a little uptight. I agree with xxxx & understood exactly what you meant! And so did God!

MRS E. at 9:35am April 10
    xxxx - that deserves an "unfriending" :)
    Happy Easter - Enjoy your day off :)

MRS F. at 9:39am April 10
    Man, that rant was more than a little unnecessary.

MRS G. at 4:19pm April 10
    I cant believe I wasted 15 seconds of my life reading that worthless rant about Christianity. Dude get a life! I got what you were saying xxxx! Happy Easter

MRS H. at 4:27pm April 10
    woooow...you're friends with some nuts people xxxx! What a douche!!

MRS I. at 4:59pm April 10
    why so mean on Easter Weekend ?

MR J. at 1:19pm April 11
    I think I would "unfriend" xxxx. Quickly. Everyone else understood you. Happy Easter, xxxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Arguing on the internet is like.... etc.

I find a lot of people out there think that the divinity of Jesus is something that is not written in the accounts of his ministry... as if it were a later invention.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

CPT. SURF wrote: »
    MRS A. thinks God dying on a cross should = day off. other holidays = notsomuch

I wonder what C. Diff and VRE think about that?

Medical joke!

Buh-dum-dum-TSH

Advertisement