Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment lease Australia

Options
  • 13-04-2009 6:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

ok, basically i need to know if a lease in Australia is legally binding, like in the states where if you lease an apartment for 6 months, you are legally obliged to pay the six months rent. in Ireland its called a years lease of convenience because either party can end it on a months notice. does anyone know the story with ozzie leases??

cheers guys,

happy easter

P.S. Sydeny is depressingly quiet thsi weekend, everyone up in Queensland??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

of course it is legally binding
    but it will depend on the lease.

if you are looking to break it, there may be a clause, where you pay a % etc, that is on my lease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I only know about Melbourne, but if you can find someone to take over your lease, just take your name off it and put their name on it, then they're ok with that. If you break it I think they just keep your bond (which is still a lot of money). I've never heard of anyone having to pay the full amount of the term of the lease but I've heard of people losing their bonds.

Advertisement