Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of games and box office - Madrid vs Ireland.

Options
  • 12-04-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Just bought the Legends of Wrestlemania on PS3 today here in Spain. Anyway I have a gripe I want to get off my chest. For starters the game here only cost €50 in GAME which is cheap compared to Ireland. I was hesitant at first to buying it as on the back of the box its say in spanish obviously that "Game is in Spanish" and the "Manual is in Spanish" then in bold writing NOT FOR SUPPLY IN THE UK. I said the fuk with it and took the risk anyway and once I got it home stuck it in the Playstation and off I went with everything already in English and no Spanish whatsoever. Now I find this a load of bollox to be honest especially the NOT FOR SUPPLY IN THE UK part along with the price difference. Really think we are getting screwed big time. Also pointed out that Wrestlemania XXV was only €6 here on PPV while it was €21.49 on Sky. So does anyone else think that the WWF are ripping us the fuk off !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

redout wrote: »
    Just bought the Legends of Wrestlemania on PS3 today here in Spain. Anyway I have a gripe I want to get off my chest. For starters the game here only cost €50 in GAME which is cheap compared to Ireland. I was hesitant at first to buying it as on the back of the box its say in spanish obviously that "Game is in Spanish" and the "Manual is in Spanish" then in bold writing NOT FOR SUPPLY IN THE UK. I said the fuk with it and took the risk anyway and once I got it home stuck it in the Playstation and off I went with everything already in English and no Spanish whatsoever. Now I find this a load of bollox to be honest especially the NOT FOR SUPPLY IN THE UK part along with the price difference. Really think we are getting screwed big time. Also pointed out that Wrestlemania XXV was only €6 here on PPV while it was €21.49 on Sky. So does anyone else think that the WWF are ripping us the fuk off !
    Wrestlemania 25 was $50 to order in America.

And how is €50 cheap compared to Ireland? you could easily get it for that price here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

ShaneU wrote: »

And how is €50 cheap compared to Ireland? you could easily get it for that price here.

Legends of Wrestlemania on PS3 for €50 in Ireland. Seriously ?

Thats an odd one as it a new release and new games are usually about €65 - €70.

and €6 compared to €21.49 for Wrestlemania XXV is a massive price difference in fairness. Its nearly 75% more.

Legends of Wrestlemania on PS3 for €50 in Ireland. Seriously ?

Thats an odd one as it a new release and new games are usually about €65 - €70..
    That was when the ps3 first came out, most new releases can be found for €50, street fighter 4 and resident evil 5 were both €40

and €6 compared to €21.49 for Wrestlemania XXV is a massive price difference in fairness. Its nearly 75% more.
    They're both very cheap compared to America though, the pricing is different depending on the popularity of wwe in the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This is more of a consumer affairs, I am moving this to Rip Off Ireland. In future if ya wanna talk about price gripes about games or Sky Box Office, i'd appreciate it if it was taken there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Yep.. Legends of Wrestlemania is €39.99 in Game in the Ilac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

ya must new games cost from 40 euro to 50 euro now

I think computer games are pretty much the same prices throughout the eurozones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Mute point. The price has to do with popularity of the sport in a particular region.
    It is €21.49 in Ireland and $50 in the States because people are willing to pay that price. Obviously its not that popular in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

so much wrong with this one

as mentioned above games cost between €40-50 on release in ireland, you obviously need to change where you buy your games.

the not for supply in the uk is because the game was a localised spanish version. it happens with most game, every region gets their own version even if theyre identical.

wwe do not set the price of their video games, so theyre not ripping you off. they didnt make the game, nor publish it. they just sold their license to a company who did (thq in this case i believe)

Mute point. The price has to do with popularity of the sport in a particular region.
    It is €21.49 in Ireland and $50 in the States because people are willing to pay that price. Obviously its not that popular in Spain.
    That was when the ps3 first came out, most new releases can be found for €50, street fighter 4 and resident evil 5 were both €40

They're both very cheap compared to America though, the pricing is different depending on the popularity of wwe in the region.
    :rolleyes:.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement