Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster V Leinster Ticket Sales

Options
  • 12-04-2009 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just spent the last couple of hours trying to get a ticket for the Heineken Cup Semi final on ticketmaster. They went on sale at 6pm. I was logged in before 6. Did I get a ticket ? Not a chance. It said that there was a limit of 6 per person. I couldn't get one. What really bugged me was the section that said Munster supporters club season ticket holders could get 1 ticket. The equivalent season ticket holder for Leinster could get 4 and a Leinster family season ticket holder could buy 6. Whats the story here?

Anyone any idea how many tickets did ticketmaster have. How in the name of God could I not get one when I logged in at 6pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Join this thread for more ticketmaster bashing, 6pm sale questioning and more!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭ch2008

Portlawboy wrote: »
    Just spent the last couple of hours trying to get a ticket for the Heineken Cup Semi final on ticketmaster. They went on sale at 6pm. I was logged in before 6. Did I get a ticket ? Not a chance. It said that there was a limit of 6 per person. I couldn't get one. What really bugged me was the section that said Munster supporters club season ticket holders could get 1 ticket. The equivalent season ticket holder for Leinster could get 4 and a Leinster family season ticket holder could buy 6. Whats the story here?

Anyone any idea how many tickets did ticketmaster have. How in the name of God could I not get one when I logged in at 6pm.

I'd say its prob because there are 4 times as many Munster supporters club members than Leinster supporters club members. Sad but true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

The ticket limit thing was decided by the Munster branch. Ergo, get over it..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

karmabass wrote: »
    The ticket limit thing was decided by the Munster branch. Ergo, get over it..

or support the club you love and become a season ticket holder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

or support the club you love and become a season ticket holder

The ticket limit I was referring to was the one imposed by the Munster Branch on their season ticket holders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Portlawboy wrote: »

I had the same outcome. Was there ready and refreshing at 6pm and tried till 7pm but got nothing. Tom McGurk on the RTE highlights show said that there were only 5,000 tickets released on ticketmaster tonight and they were gone in 10mins. I was wondering about the season ticket holder thing aswell

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

ch2008 wrote: »
    I'd say its prob because there are 4 times as many Munster supporters club members than Leinster supporters club members. Sad but true

Actually I think the Munster branch merely distribute their tickets more through the clubs whereas the Leinster branch distribute them more or less solely through the season ticket holders. Simply a different approach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement