Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Birthday Kilkenny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

thay had People going around in u2 heads there yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I get the feeling that this thread is going to attract some trolls....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

There was shows going on all day in both shopping canters and music around the city

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mick_irl wrote: »
    I get the feeling that this thread is going to attract some trolls....

If it does they can be dealt with by a mod in-line with the charter

Lets enjoy the year long celebrations! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The one bridge city dwellers must be pleased. ;)

Happy Birthday Kilkenny. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

Wouldn't it have been nice if the Parade had been finished in time for the start of the celebrations instead of being a building site?

Very unsightly. Very embarrassing. But nothing less than we might expect from the Borough Council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

That's true. The Parade looks awful at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Firetrap wrote: »

But the area across from Bateman Quay looks nice now :p

Bond-007 wrote: »
    The one bridge city dwellers must be pleased. ;)

Happy Birthday Kilkenny. :)

Yep, indeed, they seem more hyped up over it than anybody :D;
    http://www.upthedeise.com/waterfordmessageboard/viewtopic.php?t=8905&start=30

Apparently Clonmel is bigger is than us now and seems to imply we shouldn't have our A&E something I find pretty disgusting. I'm glad attidues like that are in the slim minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Firetrap wrote: »

The parade looks terrible now but I think it has great potential. I'm looking forward to seeing how it finishes out.
    mfitzy wrote: »

True. Opposite Bateman quay will look great when it's completely finished. As long as it gets rid of it's reputation for underage drinking down further.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Had planned on going into the city yesterday, weather was ****e though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

I assume you're NOT referring to the library, which has been a building site with nothing happening on it for the past two months. Until last weekend, when there were builders there again. The people who run this town, I just don't know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 catblack

Can anyone tell me about what is happening on the Parade? Is that abomination of a structure going to be a toilet????
    I thought the plan was to have discrete doors in the reinstated wall and the toilets hidden underneath the Rose Garden. It is a woeful looking thing and I hoped that at least it would be faced with stone and be a tourist office, but someone told me it is a jacks!
    Medieval city me arse! They have covered the lovely cobbles at the Castle entrance with concrete and the Canal Walk is like an ice rink when wet.
    Maybe the slabs there are the same material they used in the Watermess above in Scanlon Park. Were they imported from China too? With all the Kilkenny Limestone we have at our disposal, we had to go to the other side of the world to find such an unsuitable, pale, boring and downright dangerous surface.
    Who is responsible for this mess?
    When is the Parade going to be finished? There is no sign of it yet, at least on the Mayor's Walk side. How long does it take to lay such a straightforward surface for god's sake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kilkennymusic

The Parade won't be finished until the end of September I reckon. They're making the Castle Road one way altogether in the next few weeks, running up to September 30th so the works will carry on all through the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alfie Boon

Yep, indeed, they seem more hyped up over it than anybody :D;
    http://www.upthedeise.com/waterfordmessageboard/viewtopic.php?t=8905&start=30

Apparently Clonmel is bigger is than us now and seems to imply we shouldn't have our A&E something I find pretty disgusting. I'm glad attidues like that are in the slim minority.
    Ignorant People:mad:
    We should all join and lay into them!!

Alfie Boon wrote: »
    Ignorant People:mad:
    We should all join and lay into them!!

Let them off I say, they're a sad minority. Why so bitter I don't understand. If Kilkenny really bothers them so much well it says it all really ;).
    Oh yea and apparently Kilkenny are the small backward minded ones.....a small minority I add...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

thay had People going around in u2 heads there yesterday
    u2.jpg
    I actually thought you were messing.. but apparantly not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 catblack

The Mayor's Walk side of the Parade seems to be a storage and parking area for the builders. There are loads of them running around in hard hats and hi-vis jackets on the other side, but the progress is so slow it is incredible. They knock off for lunch, in the early evening and no one works at weekends. If this was Spain or France they would work around the clock to finish a job on such an important historical site as quickly as humanly possible.
    The surface is boring and pale too and does not suit our medieval city. I saw a young wan, wearing Uggs, fall on her arse on the Canal Walk the other day when it was wet. I felt sorry for her, but if she is falling down while wearing sensible boots, what would happen to older, less mobile or less sensibly shod people?
    You can see the water lodging on the tiles already as the drainage is crap.
    Can you imagine what it will be like when there is ice and snow?
    I think we will be seeing another Watershed scenario with those tiles being taken up and replaced by something safer.

Advertisement