Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New magnums ...wheres best price?

Options
  • 12-04-2009 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Time for a new set of magnums (the boots...not guns or icecreams!!!)
    I have my set 2 years, and they are looking rough.

Looking to get leather version, 1 side zip, high boot. Anyone seen them around lately? I know army bargains off capel street in Dublin usually do them. Got the last set in JB sports for 65 euro.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

mcguiver wrote: »
    Time for a new set of magnums (the boots...not guns or icecreams!!!)
    I have my set 2 years, and they are looking rough.

Looking to get leather version, 1 side zip, high boot. Anyone seen them around lately? I know army bargains off capel street in Dublin usually do them. Got the last set in JB sports for 65 euro.

Got the exact ones you decribed in England in Feb....£40:eek:! Total bargain as exchange rate was nearly par!

Think those ones are about €100 here. There or there abouts but def get zip sided ones! No hassle on early mornings and no cursing the laces waking up nice girl someofthetime!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Title is seriously misleading
    there was me already thinking of the "99" after the "45" :D

On topic though I must look into getting a new pair of boots
    mine are not too badly scuffed but the smell is getting so bad ye could nearly see it wafting upwards
    and it is green just like in the cartoons :p

TheNog wrote: »
    Title is seriously misleading
    there was me already thinking of the "99" after the "45" :D

On topic though I must look into getting a new pair of boots
    mine are not too badly scuffed but the smell is getting so bad ye could nearly see it wafting upwards
    and it is green just like in the cartoons :p

Smelly feet, smelly feet, smelly feet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Smelly feet, smelly feet, smelly feet!!!!

They are great for public order

Me: "I am directing you to leave this area".
    Drunk: "Feck off and dont tell me what to do"

/Me opening laces: "Smell this"

and watch them run!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

• Advertisement

deadwood wrote: »

Why i would click on that link and expect to see magnum boots is beyond me !!!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 gdamedic

I've 2 pairs of Magnum phanthom, great boot. Think they were €105. BOnd Safety sell them.

Why i would click on that link and expect to see magnum boots is beyond me !!!!:D:D
    Where's the trust?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Where's the trust?

"customers who also bought that item Deadwood also bought deja vu :D ... oh gosh I actually remember watching that guy

kerry4sam wrote: »
    "customers who also bought that item Deadwood also bought deja vu :D
    Saw it before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

75 EURO ON TALBOT STREET
    if your coming from o connell its on the right some outdoor shop
    Personally I threw mine away as they were crap and fell apart after 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

magnums are crap... get a pair of mendls...

luxury unknown in ags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

opti76 wrote: »
    magnums are crap... get a pair of mendls...

luxury unknown in ags
    The Mendls are a bit heavy for running around and jumping in and out of cars though.. they are more of a walking boot. They are a great boot though. I have mine since 1996 trip to the leb and they're still going strong. prefer the magnum or similar tactical boot for police work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

I've heard Bond Safety in Monaghan do a good discount for members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭meathmannn

Mendl are great for hiking/climbing etc. but I swear by my magnums, you need ankle support for those garden walls, and train tracks.

My issued boots were worn for about 2 days on the street, chucked away after a foot chase... not worth a sh###!
    I think we're fairly restricted for choice here in Ireland, the couple of camping shops in Dublin all have them overpriced compared to Uk etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Satan Polaroid

I think the official issued Haix boots are very good quality, and I usually alternate between them and a pair of magnums.

Advertisement