Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteorite on the 6th April

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

It was 12.30am April 5th not 6th and I can assure you its at the bottom of the Irish sea.

I saw it and have been contacted directly by David Moore himself after submitting my fireball report.(thankfully he didn't charge me for the priviledge) :D

From my perspective 100 yards from the sea in Bray it broke up over the sea and if there is any chance it made landfall as opposed to seafall, it'll be some welsh boyo that finds it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PJW

Ah yes it was Sat night / early Sun morning......you say fell in the Irish sea, someone else high up on the Wexford / Waterford boarder says Land fall so this is all very assumion based.

Are these earth athmosphere entries all based on eye witness observations ? Is there not scientific data available to pin point the entry / estimate the landing sight, I dunno some type of earth camera constantly watching the globe realtime that should have picked up the entry / fireball ? surely there is.

Advertisement