Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla extensions

Options
  • 12-04-2009 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im new to joomla, I just uploaded it today and have been messing around with it.
    Theres a couple of thing I want to do with my site, and the reasons I got joomla, and I am hoping anyone can recomend or point me in the right direction for the best extensions (preferably free extensions) that will allow me do the following.

1: Shopping cart
    2: Allow registered users on the front page to upload images and info that I can display and run queries on (Think of car buyers guide as an example !)

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Storm99

Thanks Forbairt !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Storm99 wrote: »
    2: Allow registered users on the front page to upload images and info that I can display and run queries on (Think of car buyers guide as an example !)

That built into the core modules, it's under user menu, where a registered user can submit an article with images.

Thanks EKR !! I'll mess about with it and try get it to work. !!!

Can you tell me if it's possible to use forms on it ? I don't want them to be able write a novel, just enter some basic and standardized fields, like make, model, year, engine size etc !!

Thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

• Advertisement

Thanks mate !!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 angeltoes

Help Im a joomla novice, and am finding that every extension seems to require knowledge of PHP which I have no knowledge of. Can any one help? Im specifically trying to get a calender uploaded. Preferably an embedable one that doesn't involve PHP which mystifies me.

Jeannie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

angeltoes wrote: »
    Help Im a joomla novice, and am finding that every extension seems to require knowledge of PHP which I have no knowledge of. Can any one help? Im specifically trying to get a calender uploaded. Preferably an embedable one that doesn't involve PHP which mystifies me.

Jeannie

No Joomla extension requires a knowledge of PHP, you just go to the install manager and upload the ZIP file and it installs itself

Advertisement