Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSC Winners

Options
  • 11-04-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on who the winners were at the CSC ball last Wed? I wasn't in college for the 2nd half of last week so didn't hear what happened.

Cheers

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

All I'll say is that Deaf Soc were ****ing robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭themetallifan

Think DU Orchestral won the big prize of the night.

I know a guy from Players won best fresher and www.trinityfm.com won best website.

Apart from that....I can't remember (and I was there!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Comedy Soc got best large society :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Cumann Gaelach also won best website.
    Food N'Drink won best poster with "Yule N'Joy"... unfortunately they didn't show us the actual poster so no idea what it actually looks like.

Otherwise, I also cannot remember what won what...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 trinity0809

Best Large Society
    Nominations - Players, Cancer, Food and Drink, Comedy and The Phil.
    Winners: Comedy

Best Medium Society
    Nominations: - Photography, Gamers, Entrepreneurial
    Winners: Entrepreneurial

Best Small Society
    Nominations - Chess, Management Society, Orchestral
    Winners: Orchestral

Best Individual

Nominations - Brian Denvir (Orchestra), Ciaran Clarke (Players), Jennifer Geraghty (Food and Drink), David Adamson (The Phil)
    Winners: Jennifer Geraghty

Best Event

Nominations:Comedy & Players (Fringe Festival), Orchestral (Sigur Ros concert), Entreprenruial (Dragon's Den), TAF (TAF), The Trials of Oscar Wilde (The Phil)
    Winners: The Phil (Trials of Oscar Wilde)

Best Fresher
    Nominations - Ciaran Parking, Hideo Oda (Japanses), Mark Atckinson (Players), Robbie Blake (Singers), Stephen Denham (VDP), David Barrett (The Phil), Louuise Hynes (Engineering), Richard Lennon (Jazz), Shane Dunne (Math)
    Winners: Mark Atckinson

Best Poster
    :
    Nominations: Computer Science, Food and Drink, Cancer Soc (2 others I think, can't remember)
    Winners: Food and Drink

Best Website:

Nominations: (Can't remember, as was drunk by that point)
    Winners: Cumann Gaelach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Best Website:[/B]
    Nominations: (Can't remember, as was drunk by that point)
    Winners: Cumann Gaelach

Trintiy FM shared best website with Cumann Gaelach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

All I'll say is that Deaf Soc were ****ing robbed.
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jamesnp

I know a guy from Players won best fresher and www.trinityfm.com won best website.

Cumann Gaelach won best website too and also got nominated by the CSC for the BICS.

-jp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

jamesnp wrote: »
    Cumann Gaelach won best website too and also got nominated by the CSC for the BICS.

-jp

Any word on that yet actually?

Any word on that yet actually?

Umm... not as yet. Presumably it didn't win - assume I would have heard.

-jp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Cumann Gaelach didn't win at BICS, but Marc Atkinson (Players) won best Fresher of the Year and The Phil won best event with "the Trials of Oscar Wilde".

snappieT wrote: »
    Cumann Gaelach didn't win at BICS, but Marc Atkinson (Players) won best Fresher of the Year and The Phil won best event with "the Trials of Oscar Wilde".

maybe next year! Fair play to the Phil and Marc though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jobey

Comedy were up for Society of the Year at BICS too and came a very close second to some UL lads who ended up winning

• Registered Users Posts: 18 belleville

The Trinity Arts Festival and The Trials of Oscar Wilde were joint winners for 'Best Event'

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Im going to bump this thread to find out who this years winners were, so if you have any information you care to share, please feel free to do so!

Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Steve Higginson

What I can remember:

Best Overall Society: Vincent dePaul
    Best Large Society: Players
    Best Individual: Ross Dungan (Players)
    Best Event: Dragon's Den (TES)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Also:

Best New/Improved: Visual Arts
    Best Website: Japanese
    Best Fresher: A guy in singers.

And I think photographic won best medium society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I know the Hist won Best Poster, dunno which poster though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Danger Bob

Not to be too pernickety but just to have them all accurate and together...

Best Small: Visual Arts
    Best Medium: Photography
    Best Large: Players
    Best Overall (Voted on the night): Vincent de Paul
    Best Event: 'Dragon's Den' (Entrepreneurial Society)
    Best New/Most Improved: Trinity Investors
    Best Publication: 'The Attic' (Literary Society)
    Best Poster: The Hist Media Debate (proper name escapes me right now)
    Best Fresher: Cian McCarthy (Singers)
    Best Individual: Ross Dungan (DU Players)

A special award for long-term contribution to society life was given to Gabriele Pierantoni of DUPA (Photography).

Some of the confusion above may be due to the Trinity nominees for the national society awards being somewhat different, due to the different criteria involved. Those nominees are:

Best Society: DU Players
    Best Individual: Ross Dungan (DU Players)
    Best Fresher: Cian McCarthy (Singers)
    Most Improved: Visual Arts
    Best Event: Trinity Fringe Festival
    Best Civic Contribution: 'The Big Christmas Panto' (Vincent de Paul)
    Best Poster: The Hist Media Debate one

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Steve Higginson

Danger Bob wrote: »
    Best Poster: The Hist Media Debate (proper name escapes me right now)

That'd be “The Media plays a Negative Role in Discourse”, buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Who pays for the CsC ball? How many students attended? How much of the student registration charge went into this as proportionate to the number of students who both attended the ball and take an active part in the said societies activities?

Just curious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Denerick wrote: »
    Who pays for the CsC ball? How many students attended? How much of the student registration charge went into this as proportionate to the number of students who both attended the ball and take an active part in the said societies activities?

Just curious.

You do. I had an awesome meal, and you partly paid for it. It was great. I didn't even finish the dessert. How does that make you feel?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Just curious.

To give a serious answer, and this is going on last year, anyone from a society attending had to buy a ticket and there was outside sponsorship (if I remember correctly). I have no idea if that covered the cost of the ball. I have never attended so can't comment on your other questions, or the quality of the dessert, finished or unfinished...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

andrew wrote: »
    You do. I has an awesome meal, and you partly paid for it. It was great. I didn't even finish the dessert. How does that make you feel?

It makes me feel that hard working taxpayers are funding the social activities of an elitist hierarchy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Damn right they are. And it tastes gooooooooooood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Just curious.

Aren't tickets like 15 euro? Paid for by attendees? I'm sure that pays for the majority of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Aren't tickets like 15 euro? Paid for by attendees? I'm sure that pays for the majority of it.
    €20 a head. The event was also sponsored by the Trinity branch of AIB.

Advertisement