Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Art???

Options
  • 11-04-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Alrighty so here's the story.

I'm seventeen years old and a WonHwaDo instructor. It's a circular martial art from Korea.

The problem is that when I start college in September I want to start something completely new from scratch but I don't know what to do. I'm very fit and I have no problem with full contact arts. I'll try anything once!:D

I'm open to linear arts but from what i've seen of Karate in TOO linear. (That's probably a little confusing.) Is there a happy medium at all???

Ideas anyone???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Which college are you going to?.

It might be a good start here as we have some guys who are training in various forms in the different colleges around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

UCD, All things going to plan...

Should have mentioned that compeditive or non-comp doesn't really matter either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

in ucd you've got bjj/submission wrestling, judo, wrestling and boxing along with tkd, lau gar and some other stuff.

the bjj/judo/wrestling/boxing will be completely different to WonHwaDo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 no surrender

muay thai is a great sport all round fitness and defence
    i have done a lot of m,a but the only one i stuck with is muay thai
    there is a load of clubs in dublin aswell as cork

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bujinkan

There is also a Bujinkan Group on Campus. If you need more details PM me! Good luck with your training!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Try a bunch of stuff but give them all at least 2-3 classes to get a better picture of wether or not you will like it.

Advertisement