If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will these work together ?

Options
  • 11-04-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

posted a question last week about my room setup.
    thread is here

Thinking of getting these products below based on reviews i have read.
    how do you think these will work together?

Pioneer 1018 AV Receiver (black)
    KEF KHT 1005.2 Speakers (black)
    Pioneer BDPS1FD Blueray player (black)

I Also have Sky+HD to add to the mix.

Dave/John, can you guys give me a price on these 3 items ?
    The prices on the .com and .ie sites vary quite a bit !!

I should be up this Wednesday to take a look/listen.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

JP,
    Apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

Yep that system will work well together however the 1018 in black is not in stock (silver is fine!)

Pricing as follows:
    1018 - £369.95
    1005.2 Black - £389.95
    BDPS51 - £319.95

Apologies again for the awful delay getting back to you and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

Pioneer 1018 AV Receiver (black)
    KEF KHT 1005.2 Speakers (black)
    Pioneer BDPS1FD Blueray player (black)

I Also have Sky+HD to add to the mix.

Dave/John, can you guys give me a price on these 3 items ?
    The prices on the .com and .ie sites vary quite a bit !!

I should be up this Wednesday to take a look/listen.

Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Thanks John,

I went up on Wednesday to have a look.

A guy called Paul helped me with my queries. He was really excellent.

In the end, I got the Pioneer 1018 as I had planned. BTW, I managed to get it in black !!

In relation to the speakers, we concluded that the KEF's simply wouldn't do the job effectively for my room. My TV is half way along a wall that measures 30 feet. So it is quite a big room.
    Paul set up 2 Monitur R45HD's for me to have a listen to in stereo and I thought that the sound was very good.

So that is what I ended up with. I got 4 of the R45HD's for the Front L and R, and the Rear L and R. (Styling of these speakers was important in the decision) I also got one of the older R45's to act as a centre speaker.
    I chose a Monitor Sub also.

I hope these do the job. I wont have a chance to fit everything until next Monday so they are just sitting there in the boxes at the moment :o

Decided not to go with the Blue-ray at the time. I think that I am regretting not picking it up now !!

Anyway, just to say again, very happy with the service that I received from Paul in the Belfast Shop. Can't wait to set it all up now and see if he was telling me the truth !! :p

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.