Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ventry strand, co kerry? surfable?

Options
  • 11-04-2009 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I will shortly be moving to ventry, on the Dingle Peninsula for the summer. Does anyone know is the beach there any good for surfing or is there somewhere nearby with waves? I will be without a car so the obvious surf spots like Inch are unfortunately out of the question! any other advice on Ventry? Any jobs there I wonder? Thanks for all the advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Ventry is not for surfing as it is a sheltered bay.:(

On a windy day it is good for windsurfing but you need transport to get to the surf spots.

Cumeenole is near Dunquin but you need to be fairly experienced to manage it or Brandon are nearer than Inch but you still need transport.

When you get to Dingle check Finn McCools shop and the lads there are helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sean-og3

Pity but thanks for the advice anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Walk over the headland to Dun Chaoin.
    Bit of a hike - but used to have nice waves.

By the way - you lucky git...

Advertisement