Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defending online

Options
  • 10-04-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

I'm having difficulty defending online particularly against Barca and Inter Milian. Mainly because my opponent uses Messi to walk the ball into the net. You cant takle without giving away a foul and cant seem to take the ball off him either unless he runs straight into one of my players.

Its very frustrating.

Any advice or tactics appreciated.

Comments

When you defend you jockey so that you maintain control over the controlling defender, NEVER run out to the man with the ball with a CB. If you need to go to the man with the ball use a WB.

When a midfielder is advancing on you, take control of a defender and jockey and hold Square to apply pressure, you move one of CB's into a position near his striker where you can intercept the pass, the pass will come 99% of the time.

Only a truly excellent player will even think of taking the shot on from long distance or to try drag one of your players out of position for the pass inside, most players as a instinct, will automatically pass the ball

TBH frm my own point of view defending is very easy if you disciple yourself to not charge out of position with your defenders, when you try to win the ball yourself you create space to be exploited, if you leave your defenders in position just about every player will eventually give a stupid pass you can intercept

The game get's easy to play IMO if you learn certain things, only get's hard when you meet someone who mixes things up

(i'm round the top 800 on the PS3 so i think my advice would be as good as anyones elses, if your on the PS3, and have a headset i could give you some tips over a game?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Gilberto if the offer is open to others I'd like to take you up on it also.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

When you defend you jockey so that you maintain control over the controlling defender, NEVER run out to the man with the ball with a CB. If you need to go to the man with the ball use a WB.

When a midfielder is advancing on you, take control of a defender and jockey and hold Square to apply pressure, you move one of CB's into a position near his striker where you can intercept the pass, the pass will come 99% of the time.

Only a truly excellent player will even think of taking the shot on from long distance or to try drag one of your players out of position for the pass inside, most players as a instinct, will automatically pass the ball

TBH frm my own point of view defending is very easy if you disciple yourself to not charge out of position with your defenders, when you try to win the ball yourself you create space to be exploited, if you leave your defenders in position just about every player will eventually give a stupid pass you can intercept

The game get's easy to play IMO if you learn certain things, only get's hard when you meet someone who mixes things up

(i'm round the top 800 on the PS3 so i think my advice would be as good as anyones elses, if your on the PS3, and have a headset i could give you some tips over a game?!)

Thanks but im on xbox.

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Gilberto if the offer is open to others I'd like to take you up on it also.:o

I 'll play you if you want, and if you have a mic' i can pass on advice, believe me DEFENCE is the easiest thing to master, attack on the other hand requires a bit more quick thinking, but if you can defend properly you'll beat most people in this game

My PSN is Tribal_Army

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

cheers thats great ill add you later on. Have headset so thats no problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

The first sign of defence is attack. I normally put my team to offence tactic's. Have my mid's and foward's chase the ball in the oponents half and then defend in my half..If you chase the ball in their half they panic and start passing stupid ball's which means an intercept and quick counter.

As for defence. I do struggle at times aswell. I found that when its a 1v1 to hold the left trigger near the opponent so that your defender stays marked and will take the ball without a foul.Apart from that do not stray your defence from position other wise it's open play for your opponent

If you want I can show you ingame....My GT is Mister robanson....I'll be on tomorrow if you want I'll show you some tip's and we can have a few games

Advertisement