Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unusuals

Options
  • 10-04-2009 8:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Good show man! :D ....it's not quite Reno 911 nor is is NYPD Blue....it's kinda The Office combined with a cop show. The humour was pretty good and it does genuinely have a talented cast.

Amber Tamblyn is always watchable, but they don't focus on one or two main characters, everyone seemed to get equal airtime. If i could be negative about it i would say some portions of the show seemed overly slapstick, bit TOO heavy on the humour...in parts.

But i did like the first ep. and will give it a shot and watch a few more. This show and Southland seem to be fighting it out for Nielsen numbers and a second series....who will win?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

I actually really enjoyed the first episode!
    was a bit skeptical at first 'cause i tend to hate cop shows, But the show has a great cast with a good mix of dark comedy mixed with an interesting ongoing mystery.

Definitely worth checking out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

What did y'all think of episode 2?....i thought it was played alot more straight, less slapstick compared to the pilot. Guess they are trying to find there groove as to what they want to show to be, this episode reminde me alot more of Boston Legal. It was ok though...i'll give it another couple of eps. to make up my mind.

The latest ep. was really quite good...but they definately seem to be changing the original premise of the show, the comedy element is even more toned down in the latest ep., pretty much non existant. But it was very good, more drama orientated. Getting more backstory on the various characters etc.

Thing is, most of them are rather likable save for one ot two, but it's not doing well in the ratings and is on the endangered list for renewal, anyone keeping up with it?

im loving it personally, great cast of characters and interesting storylines.
    Sadly the chances of it being renewed past its initial 10 episodes is virtually nil.

Episode 6 just dropped....once again very little of the initial (overly) slapstick comey of the pilot and ep. 2
    So the producers/writers have definately realised it was just tooo much, but still....i wanna see SOME humour, that's what is supposed to separate this show from countless other police proceadural shows.

It was another good episode, but with only four left is it curtains for this show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,169 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Hmmmm Sounds a little interesting. Might have to hunt this one down.

cheers for the info

It's on hiatus until May 27th....i doubt it'll be picked up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is the chances of a renewal really slim?

ABC are desperate for a cop show on their regular weekly line-up, so theyve been trying to save the show(even sacrificing the Cupid remake)
    The biggest problem however is that it premiered on the wednesday post lost deathslot, i'd love it to get moved permanently to a new night, but the damage has already been done and unfortunately it looks like its unlikely to come back after its 10 episode season.

Show is officially dead, ABC will burn off the last few episodes and that's all she wrote. Pity as the show had some potentia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Starts on TV3 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Cancelled before it even airs here, bloody hell.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episodes I've seen, it reminds me of The Job with Denis Leary, check that out for another cancelled comedy cop show! :)

Finally got around to watching this and watched the entire thing over a day. It's an absolutely fantastic show and one which I really do wish hadn't been canceled.

The first two episode are quite jokey but from there on the show turns into perhaps he best written cop show of the past few years. The last ten minutes of episode 4 are superb and up there with my all time favorites.

I actually can see the show coming back, Jeremy Renner is set to be a massive star. The Hurt Locker in which he stars is the best film of 2009 and there is a lot of talk of him being up for Best Actor in next years Oscars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I was randomly channel flicking when I came across it. A cat was being interrogated or something, so you know I had to watch.

It was a good show but i think the audience didn't know what to make of it, the first two eps. had alot of comedy, too much. The others were played straight mostly with quirky str=orylines thrown in....it might have been too offbeat to garner an audience.

Pity as it had a good cast and decent acting.

Advertisement