Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Supervision & Substitution money

Options
  • 10-04-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I know that we're not due to get it until July or August, but does anyone know how much I should expect to get for the next S&S payment? I got E590 the last time. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭J.R.

sitstill wrote: »
    I know that we're not due to get it until July or August, but does anyone know how much I should expect to get for the next S&S payment? I got E590 the last time. Thanks.

If you did the full year.....i.e. 37 hours then you will get €1,840 before tax and deductions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Excellent thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The balance of whatever you're owed. In my school we all get a set amount in february (I assume it's the same everywhere) and get the remainder in july, some people do more hours than others so get paid more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭focusing

Is it only €1,480 for the whole school year??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Yes. Shocking but true when you think of all the abuse to take for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭focusing

Is that for 40 mins substitution and 40 mins supervision per week?

Do you have to do the time or just be available for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

Does everyone not get the same amount? I thought that you got paid once you were available for the work?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some people do over the 37 hours in the year and get paid more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

dg647 wrote: »
    Does everyone not get the same amount? I thought that you got paid once you were available for the work?

No you have to do the work, if everyone signed up for it and didn't get supervision work it wouldn't make much sense. In my school there is a rota for break and lunchtime supervision for those who are involved in S&S. That makes up most of the minimum 37 hours per year for each teacher and then we make up the remainder with supervision classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

You can do more than 37 aswell. You get paid more for that. Oftentimes not offered in schools as causes timetabling issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

Thanks for that. You learn something new every day..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The whole S&S area is one the powers that be need to look at, once they've finished their current attempts at destroying and undermining educational provision for 'disadvantaged' and 'differently abled' children.

There seems to be a bit of a haphazard approach regarding how S&S operates in different schools.

Advertisement