Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow People / Carlow Nationalist websites

Options
  • 10-04-2009 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

www.carlow-nationalist.ie
    www.carlowpeople.ie

Two usable news websites for the area now and it's about time.How many of us use these? The Nationalist website was in desperate need of a revamp. It seemed to display a tiny fraction of the actual news each week. And very often stories were just merged into one page. Im not sure if carlowpeople.ie is a new site or redesign but it was certainly the first of the two to be of use.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

use the nationalist website, regularly, especially aborad, when i want to keep abrest of current local issuses, so when i get home it doesnt take 2 or 3 days to catch up with what every one is talking about, seems everytime i go away something major happens.

new website looks great, the old one was just simple html and looked it. new one is pwetty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Both sites are including more images now. Although the carlow people images tend to be small and poor quality.

yea, noticed that, we are talking old phone camera quality, like i have an old 2mp camera, like g1 digital, and they are better then most of their pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Is carlow really big enough to have 2 local papers???

Well the carlow people was last on the scene and has been around for 10 years (?) now. So clearly there is a demand for it.

• Advertisement

there was also a local mag a few years ago. carlows own, any one remember that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

As i live in waterford now mostly except for the odd weekend i use these quiet frequently. Both of them are far from perfect if you ask me but i'm not looking at them to be awed, i'm looking for the news so i don't really mind compensating the lack of visual flair as long as the basic information is there.

but i see that there was some problem with links around the page for the nationalist before they updated, was well over due.

aynon wrote: »
    there was also a local mag a few years ago. carlows own, any one remember that?

Yep. It seemed to cover stories that were missed by the larger papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭shotgun mike

as a person who used to update the nationalist website, I think people are forgetting that its free, and apart from a pitance in online advertising, the nationalist made (and makes) no money from it. It was a basic design, but at least gratis.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement