Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which gym?

Options
  • 10-04-2009 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Looking to join a gym in portlaoise/portarlington area whats my best bet? Who has best equipment all round and nice pool, don't like when a gym get too packed, so where is best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Ms K Sir A

Personally I use the gym in Portlaoise Leisure Centre....

2 reasons...

You can pay by the session, so no guilt trips for not going regularly, (I try to go once a week, as I do other training as well) €6 / session or €8 if you want to use the pool too. I've found in the past when I paid a membership fee that the sense that you oughta go feels a bit like a teacher raising a stick over your head saying you must.. resulting in your hating it. But that's me.

& it has the full range of equipment. TV's on most, & a 50m pool with sauna & steam room. I tend to go during the day... which is very comfortable people wise, in the evening time it can be busy I've found.

A lot of the others have smaller pools I believe...
    I would go along once or twice with my €6 and see for yourself!!!

BTW there is an almost identical one in Portarlington if that is closer to you. Good luck. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Hi,
    I am a regular in the leisure centre too during the off peak times. I also pay as i go, because i have a student card and it is only 4.50 each time.
    I like it a lot but find the odd timetable makes it difficult to visit the pool.

Good point. The pool does seem to be geared towards family swims & kids moreso than lane swimming. I have been able to gear my timetable around the lane swims, but they do seem to be thinner on the ground than you'd expect.

Advertisement