Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam and how to stop it.

Options
  • 10-04-2009 12:46am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but if not then apologies and may the mods move it to the relevant place and go in peace....amen!

In the past week I've suddenly started to receive 100+ emails per day all addressed to different people @ oceanfree.net but all arriving at my email address which is XXXXX @oceanfree.net

Now, the good people at oceanfree have told me to check the headers and block the emails which is all very well but when you have them coming form a hundred different adresses each day it gets difficult.

The one common theme in these is they all come through ontario.esatclear.ie or fizzbag.esatclear.ie or tweedledum.esatclear.ie

Is there any way to block anything coming through esatclear.ie without cutting off the genuine mails?

Is this the right way to go about it or is there some other route I could take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I would suggest GMail and add oceanfree.net as a secondary address. That way oceanfree is subject to GMail filters.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement