Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virtual dj or similar for free?

Options
  • 09-04-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

want to start trying my hand at dj ing at home mixing mp3 etc

is there a free program not a trial i can start to use cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Hobby Radio is the wrong forum

Google audacity (Linux and Windows free versions.)

_--> Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Don't know about audacity for mixing, maybe recording and a bit of processing but not for djing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'd agree no good for DJing. But you can use for mixing.

You'd want to buy a box with touch scratch pads. I never heard of a free solution. Mouse/Keyboard control only would be poor. I know what my real mixing desk is like.

TBH the OP needs to buy a real desk. Some decent ones enough channels are underr €300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭albert-bundy

hi
    i will have a new social chatting site up and running in a few weeks if you are interested in doing some free gigs to get your skills perfected chat to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 niceguyjoe

i got the trial od virtual dj ill have to buy it its soooo cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Hi niceguyjoe,

Came across this site,might be of some help.

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/software.php/id/7027/audio/DJs/

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

http://www.mixxx.org/

open source and free...

had a quick go and it seems grand, its no traktor ... but grand !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 spartan301

can the free home edition be played through a pa system? im in a band have no need for djing but would be nice to have. or is it limited to just use through a home pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 spartan301

YES IT WORKS PERFECTLY THROUGH MY PA BUT ITS HARD WITHIOUT ACTUALLY HAVING DECKS TO CROSSOVER, BUT IT WORKS FINE ENOUGH FOR ME AT THE MOMENT, IL BE GETTING DECKS IN THE FUTURE BUT IT DOES FOR NOW, ALL YOU NEED IS STANDARD 3.5 TO AUDIO CABLE AND PLUG DIRECTLY INTO YOUR LAPTOPS HEADPHONE INPUT

Advertisement