Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Niche Website...help

Options
  • 09-04-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I have a new website I have the pleasure of launcing next week.I need help though. The website specifically targets sports clubs, educational institutes and local authorities. The aim of the website is to generate leads rather than directly sell. Any ideas of the best methods of promotion???

I am thinking Facebook and Bebo but I am unsure. What you think?

All opinions valued and appreciated. Thank you:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Very hard to get traction with Local Authorities, very conservative, and procurement rules may stymie you there.
    Otherwise you need to spend money either with Google adwords or traditional media. Nobody will find you on facebook/bebo unless you DO something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭helpwanted1

Conolan I agree with your point about the local authorities. When you say 'DO something' have you any suggestions??? Even if I focus more towards clubs have you any ideas.icon5.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭byrne0f56789

YouTube videos are good. Check out Scribd and write an ebook. The groups on Facebook, Bebo and Linkedin can generate substantial traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭helpwanted1

Thanks for that byrne0f56789. Having a bit of trouble creating a bebo group page.I keep end up setting up a personal profile. Any advice? I found facebook much easier to set up to suit a business.

Are linked and scribd popular for Irish users?

Thanks Again for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bluetooth1

Have a look at www.bluetoothadvertising.ie .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭byrne0f56789

LinkedIn is popular with the Irish business community. Scribd is great for uploading promotional e-books that you have written. Google ranks your Scribd e-books quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Get your self listed in as many web directories as possible and also if you can get in with some of the relevent groups - Local sports clubs etc. then word of mouth can be a big help.
    Any dealings with goverment deps can be trickey try going through your local enterprise board they will have a lot of contacts and if you offer a special price for members you might get a few takers that way.
    Also check your sites SEO content is it set up correctly?
    have you got the correct content to match your keywords.
    try this free tool out on your site and see how it comes out.

http://www.seocentro.com/tools/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html

it will point out some of the more common mistakes people make like keyword stuffing and bad content.

Best of luck

Coyote1 - Coyote Consultancy :)

Advertisement